5' Millennium Falcon ref pics - now on studio scale server

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
(Edit: pics now on the MF builders group site - see URL, post 20)

Limited cos they're on my server and I can't host this much stuff for long; they're going to the MF builders group webpage though. Dunno how long that'll take, might as well spread 'em far and wide while I can. Grab 'em if you like this stuff:

Edit, URL removed, see post 20

Samples:

Edit, ditto

Lots of blurry ones and two or three are corrupted, sorry about that. These were taken in 2002 using an OLD digicam but I hope they're some use to somebody.

I'll post the builder's group URL for these once they go up.

Last edited:
Re: 5' Millennium Falcon ref pics - limited time only

That's awesome! Thank you very much Martyn!

Even though the other Studio Models (and lifesize versions) used in the movies were nice, to me this is the "definitive" Millenium Falcon.

My pleasure, Vince!

Wow. Seems a few folks are keen. You've crashed the server, lol! Sorry about that, hopefully it'll be back up soon.

Hey Nwerke, thank you so much for these picures. I'm just gearing up to tackle the big Falcon and these pics fill in virtually all the areas I needed. Brilliant! :)

boy I wish that I had such good close up shots when I was scratchbuilding my big falcon model, have a look in my album and let me know what you think , I am a new boy to this site and this is my first message, super pics. regards Barrie

I may have already posted a message but I am not sure so here goes one more time super pic of the falcon, I wish that I had such good images when I built my large scale falcon last year, check ouy my album, regards Barrie the new guy on the web page

Hey Martyn, thank you for the pics. can you keep them up until tonight, please. Thanks again.

Hey Marty I can't believe how low that cabinet was! When i went to the exhibition in Melbourne it was a HUGE case. No chance of over head shots. You got some great clear photos. Thanks. Did you get any of the Devastator?

Thanks for the pics. I never get tired of looking at the Falcon.

Thank you , the pictures of the bottom that showed the floodlight was great. :thumbsup

Heh! My pleasure Kevin, all. Really - I've had broadband for a year now but only got a decent upload speed last month. Wanted to share these for years but FTP over dial-up was just too big a PITA.

Barrie, welcome aboard. Where's your album?

Gort - thrilled to hear that! Please post a thread as soon as you start! Something I want to do too, though I'm thinking of chickening out and going for a 1/32 version instead.

Omes, yeah, I lucked out. I'm six foot so it wasn't hard to slide the cam across the top of the case. I had to polish it a bit first though, kinda greasy. Getting underside pics was harder, the autofocus on this 2001 model cam was confused by perspex and the flash worked when it wanted rather than when I wanted. I took a couple of pics with a ruler in the hope that'd help with scaling for the model. Really wanted to take more but the crowds made it impossible. Unfortunately in the chaos I oriented the camera vertically and cropped the edges of the case, which would have been useful. I meant to take measurements of the case itself, but again, in the chaos...oh well, model's on an angled mount anyway.

swgeek, no worries - I'll keep them up until Helder posts them on the builder's group page.

P.S. Omes, sorry, no. Devastator wasn't present.

However, Avenger was very, very present indeed...

:)

Wow, thank you for sharing those wonderful pics. I've seen the 5 footer in person twice in my life (before digital cameras) and it's so cool to see her again in these pictures of yours.
Personally the 5 footer will 'always' be 'the' Millennium Falcon.

Excellent photo documentation. One image that has me chuckling is that area in front of the top turret. It looks like somebody stuck on a left side console cockpit decal there (might be a Microscale decal, possibly from an F-4 Phantom).

Thanks. I'm a ways off putting hand to styrene yet. I'm doing some prep on the kit ID's I can manage to get, and will do a 5' Falcon ID thread here soon.
However the goal will be not just to help my build but I'll try and assemble as complete a set of part maps for shared use as I can. Its a daunting task as those here who are already a long way down the road will testify ( Basher, Whiskey et al, I salute you! )...but if Julien can do an 8' ISD then I've got to try this!:) Thanks again for sharing...

Gort - thrilled to hear that! Please post a thread as soon as you start! Something I want to do too, though I'm thinking of chickening out and going for a 1/32 version instead.

Hi guys,

Have taken the pics down. However they're now up at:

Photos By Martyn Kremmen

Avenger pics coming next. :)

Gort, sounds great. Can't wait to see your progress. Some guys who've done it have taken the secret squirrel approach on kit parts info, which is understandable given the cost and difficulty. OTOH, if you had five or ten guys working at the same time you could reduce that issue.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back