Why aren't we getting a remake of

00MrNotWrong00

Sr Member
Last night I was thinking of a really fun movie from my childhood that I was not to emotionally attached to and I thought to myself "Why aren't we getting a remake of that ?" I can't think of the movie now but I'm sure it will come to me (maybe someone here can guess it?) But I was wondering if anyone else had a few ideas for movies that weren't iconic that would make a fun remake that no one would get all emotional about.

" Short circuit " is another one I think I could watch a remake of.

" Willow " is the movie I was thinking of to begin with , it was fun and no one ever talks about it as a classic , I'd totally buy a ticket to a sequel.

But there must be tons of movies that were fun and really couldn't be messed up , because they really weren't that great to begin with , so let's throw a few ideas out there (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Pick most of the movies shown on shows like Elvira, Joe Bob Briggs or any of the like.

Believe it or not, some of them had some good premises but were badly executed.

I actually thought the only thing lacking in Night of the Demons was the acting. The fx, make-up and direction were great. Of course, as far as I know, it's been remade, but looks like it's lacking everything that was great about the original.

Logans Run

I'm so sure this is going to be just like "Babylon AD" , I can't stand future movies with no future stuff , If you aren't going to put future stuff in your movie , don't put your movie in the future !!!!

I'd much rather see future stuff that is so far out and over the top that it looks ridiculous and out dated in a year or two and people say stuff like "what were they thinking?" .

I hope they do something cool with Logan's Run but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "The Island" part 2 or worse.

I know this sounds nuts (even coming from me) but the only way this could be any good is if they gave it to Tim Burton , that poor guy tries so hard, I know he's the only person that could make this worth going out for.

It's to bad, I didn't even really like that film but just knowing it will be ruined bothers me.

I'd love to see an update of 2001 or 2010, maybe Dr strangelove but it would be really hard to top that one. I love old 50s scifi movies and you always see one that could easily be remade on the cheap (not the bad on the cheap like sci-fi channel movies) but the fairly good on the cheap of even a Roger Coreman movie.

I feel like Krull could stand to be remade. Mind you, my only REAL problem with the film was that the soundtrack sounded like the rejected tracks from Star Trek II but I'd be interested to see how the film would be executed today.
I know the film wasn't the best and the FX don't really hold up (some do, just not all) but I can accept the movie for what it was and I actually kind of liked the story.
It just needs to lose the TWOK soundtrack :lol that was only epic for that film.

I feel like Krull could stand to be remade. Mind you, my only REAL problem with the film was that the soundtrack sounded like the rejected tracks from Star Trek II but I'd be interested to see how the film would be executed today.
I know the film wasn't the best and the FX don't really hold up (some do, just not all) but I can accept the movie for what it was and I actually kind of liked the story.
It just needs to lose the TWOK soundtrack :lol that was only epic for that film.

I had not even thought of Krull but that gets the :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup too

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back