Prince of Persia Costumes *Pic Heavy*

KristinaLeigh

Has anyone decided to make a costume from Prince of Persia? I saw it yesterday and thought the costumes were great. Most of it looked fairly accurate with the usual hollywood flair, but we kind of expect that from Disney, don't we? There was some interesting armour, fabric, and the dagger prop was pretty cool.

Princess Tamina was mostly dressed in white/creme a la Leia. I'm very interested in making the first costume we see her in (white gown, corset, white robe). It looked like she was wearing a corset styled after an Edwardian ribbon corset, but it was very quick so I'm not certain. I haven't found any great pictures yet so I'll have to go see the movie again to figure it out.

Last edited:
Re: Prince of Persia Costumes

Here are some of the main Tamira and Dastan costumes:

poster.jpg

This was a disguise costume.

007.jpg

The first costume when she is praying. She wears different outfits under this cloak, I believe. One has a corset which looks suspiciously like a ribbon corset.

012.jpg

On the run costume. Harem pants and tunic jacket kind of traditional clothing. I really like this one.

010.jpg

Another action outfit.

006.jpg

Lots of white clothes for her. Lots of rich colors, leather, and metal for the men.

I haven't had much luck finding a screen used costume for my collection so I'm dying to try and get a replica of his fighting gear together. I'm really not sure where to start to be honest! The buckles and detailing are going to be a little tricky

prince-of-persia-movie-poster-jake-.jpg

There is a company that specializes in small metal pieces, buckles, etc. I will find out the name. You might also consider sculpting and casting some of the bigger pieces like the medallion. Resin might be to heavy to wear on the chest though...

There is a company that specializes in small metal pieces, buckles, etc. I will find out the name. You might also consider sculpting and casting some of the bigger pieces like the medallion. Resin might be to heavy to wear on the chest though...
Resin will be ok, if you think a resin medallion is just to heavy then wear a chief suit made out of car body filler :p

Resin will be ok, if you think a resin medallion is just to heavy then wear a chief suit made out of car body filler :p

Wow...lol...

I was also impressed, Obiwan. I hope to see some at D*C, but it might be to close now for people to make some good ones.

Damn, I couldn't tell for sure while watching the movie if it was tooled or just heavily weathered. Between that and the buckles, I think I'll have to pass on the grounds of low coolness to difficulty/cost ratio.

I want to see here a lot of props from this movie) Costumes too)
But,I think here on forum will be about 10 verisons of Dagger of Time.

Damn, I couldn't tell for sure while watching the movie if it was tooled or just heavily weathered. Between that and the buckles, I think I'll have to pass on the grounds of low coolness to difficulty/cost ratio.

If you were willing to forgo real leather, there's a lot of "tooled" faux leather out there for quite reasonable prices - this is just one example, but I've even seen it at Walmart.

Gen

anyone have a good pic of the back of the prince's costume?

I haven't found any yet. HT is releasing a 1/6 figure, but so far all they have is a teaser. They usually get nice detail in their sculpts.
There IS a nice scene in the move that clearly in a medium close shot shows the back of the armor without the swords in their scabbards. I haven't seen any official shots of this yet.

Ditto on the faux tooled leather. You can buy it at JoAnns and Hancock Fabrics usually. There are probably online fabric stores that sell it as well.

I work with leather as a career, so even if I liked vinyl and didn't think it was the plastic sweat-generator that it is, it would just be wrong for me to use it.

Plus, the tooling is half the fun. To be honest, the two main reasons I probably won't be making this armor are the buckles and other metal pieces, and I'd never be able to look the part with my David Tennant physique.

I definitely kept in mind to pay attention to the details of the costumes while watching this movie. I'd love to eventually put something together inspired by it, but it's certainly overwhelming when you think of the details involved. Thanks for posting the hi-res pics!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back