Announcement for 1/8 scale rare donor parts

Thanks Kbilly,that is a step in the right direction.I think that many of the others(because of time differences) are still at work mostly.I'll probably hear more later on.Yes,the transmission halves I know,the exhaust part(the one without the hole) and as for the other two parts,I see the one behind the transmission on the opposite side the cockpit.No idea about the other one.

Last edited:
The rightmost (green) part in my pic is the second from the right part in your pic. Here's a pic I found somewhere.

mTVAC.jpg

Great!So it's settled then?All the parts in the picture I attached (and you highlighted in photos)except only one half of the exhaust part is needed,part #30 was it?.5 parts it is then to be molded&cast.I'm relieved now.

JP, I'm glad you're getting some feedback on this. I don't know the parts and haven't done my research yet, so I'm not much help. One question though, why the rush to figure it out? Aren't you expecting to get the kit in a couple of weeks? Thanks again for doing this. I'll be psyched to get the parts.

Matt

No,I should be getting the kit in a week(right before X-Mas) and I hope to be able to get the silicone too about the same time.I'm not trying to rush,I just want to be on top of things and know what needs to be cast and who wants what.If all goes as schedueled,I should be pouring the molds after Christmas and I can start casting parts.

Just got word today that my payment was received Wednesday and that the kit will be posted within the next couple of days.I expect it to be shipped by/before the weekend.

OOOOhhhh, getting closer now!. I'm not too sure on this, but aren't the wheel rims from this kit used for the round engine vent surrounds on the upper engine deck?. If so a set of those would be ultra cool as well!. Does anyone else think these are the parts used, could someone confirm this?.
Stu:confused

I've no idea...if you or anyone thinks there are more parts this kit donates to the ESB Falcon....best find out NOW.It will undoubtedly increase the price.Another part,more silicone&resin.

I personally won't require you to cast the wheel rims if indeed these parts are used as I will machine them from alloy with a separate cover when the time comes for Falcon construction. Still, be good to know if this kit is the correct donor for these engine vents!.
Stu

Kit arrives Thursday/Friday,just FYI.I have also put an order in for the silicone.I don't recall if I had mentioned that?I wish I had an engine lathe.I miss machining,it was fun(for the most part).If someone wants to find out if one of the rims were used,please find out and be 110% sure.However,if you are going to machine and turn the part(s) and want me to make resin casts of them(6 total,right?);I would be willing to do so if all of you were interested in it.We could work something out $$ wise I'm sure for a master then it would just be a small cost in silicone,resin and a little bit of time.The mold would be very small and I'd only have to make one.This platinum silicone can produce twice as many(if not more) castings than what tin based silicone is capable of doing, so...hundreds of parts are possible.You can get about 80-100 castings from a tin based silicone mold.

Last edited:
Is anyone in here(on this thread in particular) also a member in the Resin Illuminati forum?I've messaged the administraiter because I've not been able to sign in but have not heard back yet.I know that many in the RPF are also Resin Illuminati members and I thought that perhaps I should also post the same announcement in there for those who may also be working on building a S.S ESB Falcon?I just need to have someone cut&paste the original announcement into a thread on the Resin Illuminati web page in the proper forum.Any takers?PM me if one of you is willing and avaialble to do so.

Good news my friends!"The eagle has landed".I receive the kit early today and in record time.As far as the rims being used on the ESB Falcon, the answer is "NO." I was informed that those were not kit parts and that they were scratched.If by chance anyone can refute this 110% then by all means, please do so.I'm hoping to pick up the silicone and additional mold making supplies this upcoming week. Stand by for more updates!

Well that clears that up then!. I always did wonder if the rims were used, now I know!.
Stu:unsure

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back