"Pan Sword"-Replicas from HOOK out there?

Hey guys, just finished this up this morning. I think I'll start a new thread to show off the finished piece once I've got all the photos together etc.

I'll be honest, the blade is a bit tedious to make and very harsh on the finger tips! I will make a few more of these if people want them. But I think they will be VERY limited maybe four or five (until my fingerprints grow back at least!)

On the measurements question, The sword I've made is 31 inches from end to end, the blade is 21 1/2 inches.

Attached is a preview pic, There will be a couple more in the "finished" thread

PanSword4.jpg

That came out beautiful. If you hand polished, I bet your hands are worn out.
A few questions. Because I just might have to do this. :)
What size brass stock did you use?
Did you groove the blade? It looks like you recessed it a little, but it might be reflection.

Hey guys, just finished this up this morning. I think I'll start a new thread to show off the finished piece once I've got all the photos together etc.

I'll be honest, the blade is a bit tedious to make and very harsh on the finger tips! I will make a few more of these if people want them. But I think they will be VERY limited maybe four or five (until my fingerprints grow back at least!)

On the measurements question, The sword I've made is 31 inches from end to end, the blade is 21 1/2 inches.

Attached is a preview pic, There will be a couple more in the "finished" thread

PanSword4.jpg

Awesome! are you gonna offer any for sale?

Hey there guys, thanks again for all the interest and comments!

This first piece is now in the collection of Andymac84 in Germany.

Re: the handle length, I know what you mean about it looking a bit long, but it is to scale with the width of the blade as per the screencaps I used for referance, that said, if something doesn't look quite right, it's prob best to update it next time.

As far as an interest thread goes, I'll put a For Sale thread in th JY and then make them to order. Check over there soon if your still interested.

Just so you know, I had a pretty tough time trying to find a courier to send this original one overseas. It looks like I'm safe posting these into Europe as they can go by road, but anything by air mail and things get a bit messy when involving a "weapon"

Cheers guys

Pete

What I mean about the length is that the sword is basically a one-hand sword, not a double handed.

Ideal length of the handle is illustrated roughly by the yellow cut line.

What I mean about the length is that the sword is basically a one-hand sword, not a double handed.

Ideal length of the handle is illustrated roughly by the yellow cut line.

Here is a screen cap I was working from. There is a fair amount of handle coming out of the end of the hand.

I chose to go for a hand-and-a-half sized handle as that is what I could see. The handle of the sword I made is not big enough to be double-handed.

I think your right that it could have been shorter, but I think the cut that you've indicated would be too far in the other direction. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Pete

Yes that makes sense. I would say its a double handed sword for children hands:thumbsup

Boys, go get one of these. They're HOT! A stunning and marvellous replica! Many thanks for this one, Pete:love

btw, the pic above with the yellow mark on it... the longer looking handle here is probably only the angle you look at it.

Yeah, I may have been exaggerating it a bit. Maybe somewhere inbetween the length you did and my suggestions. And yes... if I have the money when another is made, then truly I would love to adorn my wall with such a masterpiece of workmanship.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back