"Pan Sword"-Replicas from HOOK out there?

I've been quoted £17 for the brass stock in the right size, which sounds incredibly reasonable to me (shipping's pretty pricy though!) Ally woudn't be much cheaper than that, and I've yet to find a worthwhile plating company that doesn't cost the earth where I live.

That's sounds like a great price for the brass stock. Very exciting project. Keep us informed if you decide to do a run, I'd love to get on board with this.

Interested as well. I have a question though... how durable would a solid BRASS sword be? I mean I know there were bronze swords in history, but brass? Never heard of that as a material.

Yeah, it would be useless as a weapon but a lovely looking prop! I'm hoping to start on a prototype very soon, just finishing up another brass Ribbon device right now, going to order the brass stock tomorrow.

stunt/hero
0206001624.jpg

downsized_0206001625.jpg

would be interested in this one, too. any ideas what price he's looking for?

I finally managed to get going on this yesterday! Not much to show yet I'm afraid, but here are a few early progress shots. Sorry about the quality of the pics, phone camera! I've cut and shaped the blade and at the stage the last photos were taken I've only just begun the polishing.

Cheers

Pete

Both swords are plated, with a wooden dowl for the handle wrapped in leather grip. The coconut is not real its cast rubber.. The stunt sword was fully plated even the coconut. The paint can bee seen craking with the brass showing through.. I have this guys number so if you want some better pics i think i can get them.. He is trying to sell them but he doesn't know what to ask.. They were bought years ago from the prop master who was a friend of his at the time.. He also has a hero sword from "Krull" And "The First Knight"

Stab sword
downsized_0206001622.jpg

downsized_0206001623.jpg

0206001626.jpg

stunt/hero
0206001624.jpg

downsized_0206001625.jpg

Man, I swear I see that sword every week when i pass by that booth at Frank's and always wonder where it was from. ^_^

Here's another quick update, it was a bit tricky to photograph this as the sun was setting, but these should give you an idea.

That is turning out really nice. Did you hand file it out or use a power sander?

A bit of both. I used an electrical power file to rough it out, then used a hand file to level out the bumps. Then lots and LOTS of wet and dry!

Hope to finish this up tomorrow.

Cheers

Pete

Here's today's progress. Not finished yet as I had a pipe burst outside the workshop which ate up most of my afternoon! :angry

I've finished wrapping the shell guard and the grip with leather but that photo got lost in the transfer and I'm in a bit of a rush so that'll have to wait.

It's nearly there, just need to paint and weather the guard and grip. That'll have to wait until monday too!

Cheers

Pete

this is so stunning, isn't it?

if u ever do a run, I guess it would be a lot of work to polish them all up to a shiny surface...........:sick
would u do that??:love

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back