BTTF Nike Air Mag Replicas...my new project

I can vouch for this statement. Honestly, the hardest part of making a simple LED set up, is working out the correct resistor(s) needed for the power supply you'll be using. But all you have to do is hop over to the LED Calculator website, and it'll do all the work for you.

It's darn near impossible to muck up soldering an LED to a wire. Just let your iron heat the wire and/or lead just enough to melt the solder when it touches them. Capillary action takes care of the rest. Then seal everything up with some shrink tube or electrical tape. It doesn't need to look pretty. It'll all be hidden inside the shoe.

Exactly, What I used was hot glue to keep all the wires safe from touching, it's easy moldable when cooling and turns into a rubber type substance.

Brad

Ok, I'm just going to get right to the point - how much do you want to 'revamp' my shoes?
I could also send you my light-up logo strap and you can see how that one is. Mine actually don't work very well at all because of the connection going into the EL sheet sucks.
If you are willing to do customization on these shoes, please PM me and we can work out the details.

Excited to see you're progress brad i should have my pair coming in shortly so get ready for some pm tips :lol:lol:lol j/k...... maybe a couple? :p

Fyfe - aren't your "swooshes" a little too short?

Great work on the conversion - I now want a pair of these after reading your review.

Fyfe - aren't your "swooshes" a little too short?
Great work on the conversion - I now want a pair of these after reading your review.

Maybe a little but these shoes are not 100% accurate to begin with so the placement of the swoosh and the rear logos are proving to be a little bit of a guessing game.

Here is the shot I used for my reference. I used the sole bump as my guide. I didn't want the swoosh extending past the first sole bump...

IMG_7383.jpg

prop_0134.jpg

Well i just learned how to make led's glow thanks to brad :love and like brad said it is very simple.I'm still waiting for my shoes to come in and bought all my supplies.I picked up some white vinyl from joannes for the nike swoosh logos and the proper turquoise paint for the soles at my local walmart.If you don't mind brad i would like to post my progress along with your's in you're thread and maybe some tutorials for the led's if that's ok with you?

Any updates on you're conversion?

Well i just learned how to make led's glow thanks to brad :love and like brad said it is very simple.I'm still waiting for my shoes to come in and bought all my supplies.I picked up some white vinyl from joannes for the nike swoosh logos and the proper turquoise paint for the soles at my local walmart.If you don't mind brad i would like to post my progress along with your's in you're thread and maybe some tutorials for the led's if that's ok with you?

Any updates on you're conversion?

Go right ahead Mike. No progress. Too busy not sleeping with my new baby and a 17th month old baby girl! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brad

well i just received my Mcfly's from markpoon and i been working on these for a few hours.It's been going pretty well so far and i love how they are coming out.All i have to do now is put the el strip on the strap and get some lights in the soles.When i complete these i will post a detailed guide on how i went about converting these.Here are a few pics so far :love

img3845.jpg

img3844.jpg

img3842.jpg

img3848.jpg

Thanks brad and yes the LED's were very easy.Once i get my Turquoise EL Strip i can tackle those straps and soles :love

Well unfortunately the EL light strip i ordered was too thin in size and don't cover the whole background of the nike decal so that was a waste :thumbsdown.I'm trying to find the perfect solution for the nike logo for the strap if anyone has ANY help as to what type of El strip/sheet to use please post your suggestions.

giving the nike strap lights a go again.We'll see if i got the right size lights this time.I cut out my base where my el light will sit.I'll keep everyone posted on my progress once i receive my lights.

img4380q.jpg

Nice Mike,
I'd love to know what parts (EL sheet, converter) you are using, along with a tutorial on the NIKE strap! Thanks

Brad

My brother has been getting EL wire and inverters wholesale direct from China, as he's starting a small EL sign division at his sign shop. I don't know if they manufacture the sheet, but I'll have him ask and see if they'll send a sample big enough to do two shoes with. No promises obviously, but send me the info about how much you'd need. At the very least he can get the inverters for cheap.

Finally got to see a pair of real ones this past weekend. A buddy of mine who worked on part 3 lucked into a pair that were about to be tossed. He has the set and other stuff, parts off the 3rd Delorean (train version).

His shoes have holes under the cusion for (I assume) cables - but there are wires protruding from behind the "nike" letters. The pair were little - like maybe size 8. Kinda neat seeing them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back