I know, it's been brought up before; Luke's hunting rifle

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
About once every 3 years a thread starts up to find the origin of Luke's Tatooine hunting rifle, but we've never (that I remember) figured out what the original piece was. We usually end up calling it a custom job and move on. Have there been any updates on this regarding the true rifle?

I know Moff Eaton put pics up before as to what seemed correct or dang near close...

I pm'ed him a bit ago but no response yet; I'm pretty sure that the base was a Moroccan "Snaphaunce" rifle; I could be off, but not by much...

Ya know...

This could be machined the same way I did my Ape rifles if there was an interest in such a thing.

Just sayin' :angel

Ya know...

This could be machined the same way I did my Ape rifles if there was an interest in such a thing.

Just sayin' :angel

Then DO it :D

I have an arabian blackpowder rifle that I was planning to convert.
Not accurate but the closest I could find that resembles Luke rifle.

I´d be VERY interested to see a wooden reproduction, that we can add the aluminium barrel and other addons to :cool

What about an active project???

Markus

I think I would have to agree with the "custom job" crowd. The stock shows no sign of a magazine receiver, bolt action or ejection port, suggesting one solid piece of wood with trigger and greeblies added on. Add a piece of pipe for a barrel and vi-ola, it's a blaster.

Just a guess though.

I was under the impresion that the rifle the Sandpeople carry was the same model as Luke's. Huh! Personally, I think the Sandpeople model is much more interesting.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back