Falcon Repaint take 2

Cant wait to see more Andrew, the last one was a treat, this can only top that with your painting prowess.
Nice touch on the wash in the detail areas, way less base color to shoot!

lee

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again but I want to know as this technic could be useful to me on a prop : what do you call "black wash" ? Dirty water ? Water with some little black paint in it ? A special product available in Propmaker shops ?

Many thanks
FRED

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again but I want to know as this technic could be useful to me on a prop : what do you call "black wash" ? Dirty water ? Water with some little black paint in it ? A special product available in Propmaker shops ?

Many thanks
FRED[/quote
Its very thinned out black paint. You can use acrylics with thinners or water. I usually use Tamiya paints with their own thinners. You can also buy a ready made mix from a company called Pro modeller. I use this on my aircraft models.

By the way heres the photo from yesterday , i forgot to add it!
DSC02501.jpg

I'm going to build an AMT falcon (sadly not to the level of others on the RPF), so I'm watching with interest and taking lots of notes.

Can I ask what ratio of deck tan to white did you use?

Thanks.

Really enjoy this phase in the painting. It leaves to the imagination what the full scale ship would have looked like coming of the assembly line, not having any idea where it's future lies....

Looking good Andrew, care to share your choice of colors? I always do the bottom first now as I used to focus so much on the top of things that the bottom wouldn't get the attention it deserved! Ooh Err missis!!!!

Have you done any paint chipping effects to the colors or will you do that later?

Looking good Andrew, care to share your choice of colors? I always do the bottom first now as I used to focus so much on the top of things that the bottom wouldn't get the attention it deserved! Ooh Err missis!!!!

Have you done any paint chipping effects to the colors or will you do that later?

Te main colour was 2 whole pots of Tamiya Matt white with 2 teaspoons of deck tan. The red is a mixture of tamiya red and red brown. The grey is Tamiya Neutral grey that i have darkened a little. There is maskol masking fluid under the re panels that will peel off and leave chips.
Tomorrow i will do the other panels and maybe start the weathering , depending how much of Marks Moonraker shuttle i get done , and how bad my man Flu is!

Slightly OT - can you buy Tamiya in any sizes larger than the 10ml jars?

Great work, btw. And looking forward to 'you know what'! ;) ;)

Great work andrew!

Your first repaint was very impressive... and to this date your refit cockpit is still the best cockpit I've ever seen on a falcon.

Awesome work! will you be doing the cockpit on this one too?

Hope all is well!

~Thomas

mark , no you can only get it in the small pots. I will be posting photos of you know what later today , i will send them to you first.

Thomas , thank you. I will be rebuilding the rear wall again but thats all. It took ages to do the overgead and side panels last time , but in the end they couldnt be seen too much.

All of the panelwork is now done and the weathering can start :thumbsup
The concrete panel is a mix that i use for weathering. Its a mixture of German grey and flat earth. I misted over the masked panels in differnt amounts. I like it!
DSC02504.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back