The other Jawa blaster (the one not made from an Enfield.)

Markus , No,he sent me three others that where all from the 1960's..damn it. still on the hunt. None of the parts numbers or anything else matched at all. Still going to watch ebay and other places for catalogs.

-James

Hello, new to the forums and this is my first post. I recreated this blaster for my son for Halloween 2005. I constructed it from wood, aluminum, brass, PVC, and some yard sprinkler parts, and a plastic pilsner cup. Anything I could find which looked to match. It is heavy so I added a leather rifle sling so he could carry it and still collect candy. For reference, I scanned into Illustrator the image from pg 19 in From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The Best of the Lucas Film Archives. Using the dimensions the book provides, 11 x 70 x 28 cm, I enlarged the image. Then I printed it all out on card stock and taped it together then started looking for suitable components.

I hope I was able to attached the photographs to this forum correctly.

That is VERY good! Bravo!! (y)thumbsup

Now get some real eyes in that Jawa and ditch the opaque yellow cups. Also roll around in the dirt some. :)

That is VERY good! Bravo!! (y)thumbsup

Now get some real eyes in that Jawa and ditch the opaque yellow cups. Also roll around in the dirt some. :)

Thank you. All my research efforts went into the blaster. The eyes were a last minute flashlight cap with a lens made from yellow plastic cut from a snack container. They lit up well with the battery pack behind his head. Those pictures were taken moments before reporting for trick-or-treating, and immediately after I finished the blaster. The whole costume is hanging in his closet. When my son is ready to mount it into a life size display, we plan to upgrade the eyes and weather it. You cannot see the boots, but they were an old pair of cowboy boots we wrapped with torn cloth and glue.

Necro-bump for an old, but still interesting thread.

With all the new members aboard, we might have a chance to solve the mystery...finally ;)

Markus

closest i found to the horn is this

Air Horn 45mm x 150 - Jenvey Dynamics

Air_Horn_45mm_x__4ddb7c6773afc.jpg

I have a feeling the barrel on this blaster may come from a WWII portable ARP warden's 'Air Raid Siren', which came with a short tripod and was hand-cranked from the side - but I can't confirm, or even find a pic at the mo. However, I'm sure I have seen something very similar in a mid 1940s UK war film, can't remember the title of the movie but the last scene was of an ARP warden winding up the siren, looking at the sky saying something like "come on then Adolf 'ave a go..."

Not much help I know, lol, but on seeing the last scene, my initial thought was 'blaster!'

Good luck!

Last edited:
Been doing a lot of research lately and had to think about this specific blaster...one of the last prop mysteries of the OT Star Wars.
With all the new members of the RPF since 2012, I´d like to give it another try. :)

ANY ideas what the main receiver or any of the other components my origin from?
I´d be willing to give a bonus to the first one, who is able to a) tell me the source for the Jawa blaster receiver and b) can hook me up with one ;)

Keep the suggestions coming!

Markus

I would definitely go along with that Bwingpilot, a Sperry made venturi fits the bill - or it's at least a starting point. But I don't know the sizes of the tubes or blaster barrel.

Last edited:
Odiwan72 got me looking at this (thanks a lot, Markus!).
I found a couple things that may or may not be legit. They are close either way:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Or to be closer to what I'm thinking:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This is is an Eaton Aeroquip Coupling Assembly for an Airbus. Probably not a copy of anything old enough to be the receiver, but possibly same size (or close) as an Airbus is huge. Unfortunately, the listing this is from did not have dimensions listed. I'd say that it looks very similar to the furthest rear section of the receiver (not including whatever the red thing in the first pic is).

Then there is this, which I don't think is THE part, but very very close. It is listed as an MG42 tripod mount. Again, no dimensions given.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I have some Priority Mail boxes at home. I will try to match up which size box this is, and then try to get a rough estimate on the dimensions for this piece. Obviously some portion of this would have been removed for the Jawa blaster. Also I believe it would look closer to the real Jawa blaster if the "trigger" was swung around against the other side that is shown in these images (if that is possible). However, the rivet area holding the trigger to the rest of this assembly is not shaped narrow enough in my opinion.

Finally, I have been searching WWII era heavy machine gun pintles, but the general design/engineering theory behind the Jawa blaster's trigger housing "arm" appears to me to be more like a small automobile transmission yoke (or maybe half of a CV joint), like from say, a late 70's/early 80's Volvo maybe? Or perhaps from some other small or old vehicle. I suspect the rear portion of that entire "arm" shape is actually the transmission yoke and then some other part attached to that belt drive gear (in the front), and they are held together by that blackish tube in the middle of the whole arm piece. These are just wild guesses though.

Last edited:
WOW....just been away for the night and am blown away by the progress we/ YOU guys made!!!
Until now, I was in the believe that the whole receiver had to be ONE part, but it is cobbled together from various items.

The venturi seems to be correct for the "funnel" and ANDY...OMG, that is THE part for sure!!! All details match. I am diving into google-search now ;)

THANKS...keep it coming gentlemen :)

Markus

Just checked Aeroquips parts lists and tried to find the serial/ part-number, that was posted in the pics on page 1

Based on the reference pics, I read: AE9_4485P, BUT this part is not existent. :(
I found AE94185P instead, which is a hydraulic coupling (available since 1977! ;))
The part number of the coupling Andy posted is AE96996P, a self sealing coupling (available since 1993)

Waiting for some answers about the actual measurements of the modern part!

Markus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back