Worf's Kahless and Morath Statue

:) thats good news ,you have been looking for this for a while now ?

Heh, about 18 years now! :D "New Ground" aired Jan 19 1992. :eek

Dang! I just realized I'm gonna have to think of a new Holy Grail prop soon!

Maybe a Kurlan Naiskos cookie jar! :lol

-Sarge

It's been found, negotiations are underway, and it sounds like it will be in friendly hands around early October! :) :love :)

-Sarge

AWESOME NEWS! I wish I could have picked it up at the convention myself but this is promising news. Possible JY offer soon? A cold cast bronze offering would be really cool. :love

Dang! I just realized I'm gonna have to think of a new Holy Grail prop soon!

Maybe a Kurlan Naiskos cookie jar! :lol

-Sarge

The Kurlan Naiskos would be cool too. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya Sarge!

I hope the end of your quest is just acoss the horizon!

Thanks guys! Just for clarification though, I wont' be getting the original, or doing the molding myself, but a couple of old friends who have infinitely more disposable cash than I do right now. They ARE talking about molding it, but expect a very limited run. I do want copy #001 out of the mold though, but it'll be awhile before I know any details.

One of them did show me a couple new pics that I'd never seen, and one of the things that surprised me was how really burly the two characters are!

On the Greek statue I was using, I had to add a bunch of clay to them because they were depicted as sort of lanky youths. but the screen used statue needs even more! We're talking "Farnese Hercules" bulky, with legs like tree trunks! :eek

20090130001646%21Replica_of_the_Hercules_Farnese_in_Alexander%27s_gardens,_Saint_Petersburg.jpg

Things are finally slowing down, after a week of chaos, so I'll try to find out more this weekend. :)

-Sarge

Even just a resin cast would be cool!

I agree ...preferably hollow as that statue is huge! :lol

Thanks guys! Just for clarification though, I wont' be getting the original, or doing the molding myself, but a couple of old friends who have infinitely more disposable cash than I do right now. They ARE talking about molding it, but expect a very limited run. I do want copy #001 out of the mold though, but it'll be awhile before I know any details.

-Sarge

Well, help us insure we're on this limited run. :love

I found this thread while looking for info on the ST:TNG Kurlan naiskos. Did your friend ever get a hold of the kahless and morath statue? Any awesome photos?

I never saw this thread, but I do recall we had a bunch of shots of Alexander (Brian Bonsall) standing with his hands on their heads, which you may have found.
Also, it was, as I recall, a statue of two Greeks fighting or wrestling. They were nude and the loincloths, foreheads and hair were added, but not the muscles or rocks or anything else.
I have a small list of things I am on the lookout for (Borg Alcove, Conference room chairs) and I will add this as well, in case I stumble across a disc of pics or run into someone who might have them.
Meahnwhile, good luck with the search (if it is still on? Maybe it's done now?)

Well,the whole conference TABLE was put into a dumpster I jumped in and pulled off as many of the button pads as I could, but I had no way of getting the whole thing home!

I never saw this thread, but I do recall we had a bunch of shots of Alexander (Brian Bonsall) standing with his hands on their heads, which you may have found.
Also, it was, as I recall, a statue of two Greeks fighting or wrestling. They were nude and the loincloths, foreheads and hair were added, but not the muscles or rocks or anything else.
I have a small list of things I am on the lookout for (Borg Alcove, Conference room chairs) and I will add this as well, in case I stumble across a disc of pics or run into someone who might have them.
Meahnwhile, good luck with the search (if it is still on? Maybe it's done now?)

Whew! Good thing I try to check this every couple weeks!

Back in Jan. I got word that my buddy still had about 1K left to pay on it, so I'm expecting it won't be much longer now that it's tax season. :)

-Sarge

I've said for years that I would love to have a replica of this statue. Good luck in your endeavor. If a limited edition run is created, please add my name to the list. That would be one heck of a conversation piece to have on your mantle!

Everytime I hear something like this it just makes me sick. :(

Well,the whole conference TABLE was put into a dumpster I jumped in and pulled off as many of the button pads as I could, but I had no way of getting the whole thing home!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back