Worf's Kahless and Morath Statue

Progress Report 2 - I did research to find all the Star Trek Next Generation episodes that the Kahless and Morath statue appeared in. It was 9 episodes total, and in a few of the episodes the statue was featured multiple times and was integral to the story. I also found it interesting how the statue was tied to moQbara' (Klingon Martial Arts) and how moQbara' was featured in tons of episodes. The stories and ways of Kahless was not just used to teach and raise Alexander, but helped Worf become a better Klingon, and he used his knowledge to help make the whole crew of the Enterprise stronger.

The Episodes: 407 Reunion, 426 Redemption Part 1, 510 New Ground, 520 Cost of Living, 616 Birthright Part 1, 618 Starship Mine, 711 Parallels, 719 Genesis, and 721 Firstborn

Attachments

• 407-Reunion.jpg
    407-Reunion.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 426-Redemption-Part-1.jpg
    426-Redemption-Part-1.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 510-New-Ground.jpg
    510-New-Ground.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 520-Cost-of-Living.jpg
    520-Cost-of-Living.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 99
  • 616-Birthright-Part-1.jpg
    616-Birthright-Part-1.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 618-Starship-Mine.jpg
    618-Starship-Mine.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 711-Parallels.jpg
    711-Parallels.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 719-Genesis.jpg
    719-Genesis.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 721-Firstborn.jpg
    721-Firstborn.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 103
Wow, I finally was able to purchase the statue of "The Wrestlers" by Thomas Holland for myself. After failing 3 times to buy it at auction, yesterday I found it at Rick Harrison's Gold & Silver Pawn Shop website and purchased it. I am hoping that TV's "Pawn Stars" are able to successfully ship it to me in one piece. If so, I plan on 3D scanning the sculpture. I couldn't have done it without help on this thread. Thanks everybody. Especially Jedediah and his son. I will try post my progress here in the future.
I would like to buy one of these great Statues, Please g-mail me back with a PRICE. am looking forword to buying it !!!!

I would like to buy one of these great Statues, Please g-mail me back with a PRICE. am looking forword to buying it !!!!
Sorry, about the delay in this project. I'm delayed because my business has exploded and I have not had a second to work on this project for a 1.5 years. This is one of the hardest objects to 3d scan and my skills and tools are limited. I live in Iowa and plan on donating the statue to the Star Trek Voyage Home Museum in Riverside, Iowa when Im done. They seemed interested. If they change their minds I can sell it to you.

I see a french artist has also attempted this project. Maybe I should reach out to him and give him my scan data.

Attachments

• kahless 3d Print.jpeg
    kahless 3d Print.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 57
Found more info too. The statue was created by Academy Award Winning Hair and Makeup Guy, Michael Westmore. Does anyone have Michael's email address??

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Michael_Westmore.jpg
    Michael_Westmore.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 33
More Research - The first appearance of the Kahless and Morath Statue was in Season 2, Episode 21, "Peak Performance"
Not sure how I missed it. The Statue filled the screen with a closeup. It "Busted me up!"

Attachments

• 02-21 Peak Performance 01.jpg
    02-21 Peak Performance 01.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 02-21 Peak Performance 02.jpg
    02-21 Peak Performance 02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 02-21 Peak Performance 04.jpg
    02-21 Peak Performance 04.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 02-21 Peak Performance 04.jpg
    02-21 Peak Performance 04.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
I tried a bunch of methods to reach out to the Westmores this weekend, and get this...Michael Westmore called me today, and talked with me for a half hour. He wasn't really able to help me with my project (he didn't take photos, especially on a prop) but he did give me tidbits on the process of modifying the original statue. He has got to be one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. He also confirmed some questions I had about the process of makeup design on Star Trek. Michael Westmore is an absolute legend and has not received enough credit for his contributions to Star Trek.

Just saw that you reached out to Michael Westmore, that’s awesome! The statue was purchased by Richard James and it is likely modifications to it were done by the art department, since it would ultimately fall under set dressing, the prop master might have also modified it. I saw it as the original statue, then on set and don’t recall ever hearing any details about it. Great research in this thread!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back