Worf's Kahless and Morath Statue

Found online:

the classical-style bronze sculpture pictured above, called "Bältespännarna," or "The Knife Fighters," by the Swedish sculptor Johan Peter Molin (1814 - 1873). It depicts a knife fight between two men bound together with a belt. The bronze reliefs on the plinth show that they are fighting over a woman. The sculpture dates from 1860 and is displayed in a park in Göteborg. A copy is displayed in Stockholm.

So I believe my son has solved the riddle of the statue. He is a 14 year old Trekkie who has watched every single Star Trek series (even "Star Trek: Enterprise" bless his heart) and when he was 12 he came to me and mentioned that a statue I owned looked just like a statue he'd seen in TNG. As he was rewatching the series today, he brought me a picture and it piqued my interest. I'm pretty sure we have a match.

Here's a few pictures from the TNG series and from our kitchen table, side by side:

TNG, "New Ground" 5x10
NewGround-5x10.jpg

TNG, "Cost of Living" 5x20
CostofLiving-5x20.jpg

The sculpture is by Thomas Holland (1917-2004) and there were at least 101 made because that's the number in the series I have. I found a link to the same statue online (https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/d...restlers-thomas-holland-c-1960s/id-f_1186326/) though the picture seems to be taken with a fisheye lens because it accentuates the length of the lengths.

I hope this helps!!!

We also see it in TNG episodes "New Grounds" and "Starship Mine" along with "Birthright" and "Cost of living".

I finally have a Holland statue in my possesion and now I need to start looking into modifying it to look as close to screen accurate as I can. I'm going to use the images that Sgt Fang (may he fight beside Kahless) and others that I have accumulated over the years. This statue is not only large, but heavier than you would think.

H0060-L203921751_original.jpg
H0060-L203921753.jpg

We also see it in TNG episodes "New Grounds" and "Starship Mine" along with "Birthright" and "Cost of living".

I finally have a Holland statue in my possesion and now I need to start looking into modifying it to look as close to screen accurate as I can. I'm going to use the images that Sgt Fang (may he fight beside Kahless) and others that I have accumulated over the years. This statue is not only large, but heavier than you would think.

View attachment 1300179 View attachment 1300180
Nice acquisition! Is that the one that's been floating on eBay?

Thanks!!

No, it's not. I got this at an online auction house. But honestly, after shipping and auction fees, it cost as much as the one on eBay.

Wow, I finally was able to purchase the statue of "The Wrestlers" by Thomas Holland for myself. After failing 3 times to buy it at auction, yesterday I found it at Rick Harrison's Gold & Silver Pawn Shop website and purchased it. I am hoping that TV's "Pawn Stars" are able to successfully ship it to me in one piece. If so, I plan on 3D scanning the sculpture. I couldn't have done it without help on this thread. Thanks everybody. Especially Jedediah and his son. I will try post my progress here in the future.

Attachments

• ThomasHolland GoldSilver.png
    ThomasHolland GoldSilver.png
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • ThomasHolland GoldSilver 02.png
    ThomasHolland GoldSilver 02.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 112
Progress Report 1 - Okay, I received the "The Wrestlers" statue. It had more damage on it than the website let on. It has damage to the wrist and is heavily cracked. But having a damaged sculpture makes my conscience feel better about modifying the sculpture to match the television prop. Hopefully Thomas Holland is honored by this project and glory is brought to his house. I may even try to reach out to his family. Anyway...
So over the last few weeks I have been teaching myself about photogrammetry. What I am learning is that this couldn't be any harder to do. It turns out this statue is simultaneously too dark and too shiny to work for photogrammetry, so I coated the statue in a fine layer of cornstarch and that seemed to work for the most part. (thankfully the cornstarch cleans off pretty easily too). The wrestlers are entangled with each other too, making it next to impossible to capture everything. I think I have the raw model as good as I can get it. Now I am working on teaching myself how to clean up the 3d model, but I may need hire this part out. Especially the future "Klingon" modifications.

Attachments

• IMG_6710.JPG
    IMG_6710.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_6690.JPG
    IMG_6690.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • CornStarch1.JPG
    CornStarch1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • CornStarch2.JPG
    CornStarch2.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 261
  • 3d scan.jpg
    3d scan.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 274

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back