1:6 Vader Project & Digital Scan project

All depends on what it ends up costing having the pieces printed.

Regarding time frame... I'm hoping for sometime in the first half of next year, if all goes well. I'll know a lot more regarding when this is gonna be finished once the hard parts have been printed.

So it's a bit up in the air right now and I'm hoping things run smoothly.

Anyone have good, clear 360 degree shots of the ANH & ESB lightsaber, similar to these two, but in better quality and accurate. :cheers

mppflbw.jpg
swdvanh_kha_01sized.jpg

First 3rd of the new dome done. I did the initial 360 degrees round-about scan yesterday. Took 7+ hours, mainly because I had to do every slice twice because the old egg-timer broke and the new one is a lot more jerky. The more slices, the cleaner the end result. Need to do the scan of the top part of the dome. Will use the old scan to align things together, but basically, since I don't have a sturdy turntable option the result wasn't as easily put together, as I'd hoped, so I'll have to do some tweaking, which means I'm building up both sides of the dome individually, with some excess on either side, so they're easier to align later, using the mid strip as a guide.

Anyway, here's the picture.

EDIT: Picture link removed because of the new PhotoBucket.

Last edited:
2/3 of the dome done. The following picture is of a reduced fused file, as fusing the original sized slices was too much for my computer to handle. I need to upgrade to more memory if I want to work with the original files. Anyway, though reduced, it still looks pretty damn good compared to the old scan. There are some issues I'll have to sort out, but maybe it'll correct itself if I get the memory upgrade.

Anyway... here's the picture. Because it lacks the top of the crown, the dome looks really squat and wide. Hopefully I'll get the last scanned soon.

Last edited:
Here's a difference between the old dome scan shape and the new one. Used the top section of the old dome scan on the new one to give it a more complete look until I get that part scanned. As you can see the old dome scan is much wider and shaped differently than the new scan. I'm much more pleased with the new shape, so glad I decided to re-scan the dome.

Last edited:
Carsten,

I don't know if this will be any help but I have two different 3D printers in work -
a Z Corp 310 and a Dimension 1200 BST.

I would imagine that neither are fine enough for your needs but the offer is there!

Cheers,

Anson

YES, the dome scan is FINISHED. And imo it turned out great. It is now in the hands of the modeler.

Last edited:
And here it is. The scan is complete. The individual scans has been sent out to various modelers and they are the real miracle workers, turning my crappy scans into awesome 3D models that will eventually be printed in sixth scale. Can't wait.

Oh... and here's the latest comparison between the old dome and the new. Quite a difference if you ask me:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back