A "little" add on to the Colonial Movers

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A buddy of mine just dropped off a grown Mk.II Viper, to scale with the Colonial Movers I plan to build after the holidays - I'm aiming to recreate the Hand of God scene, where a squad of Vipers is revealed hiding inside the white cargo box!

L1070944.jpg

L1070948.jpg

It won't cost all that much to get the whole squad grown, and I can light the cockpits since the material is translucent and frosty...

Sweet! Can you share where he had that done? I may be looking to "grow" a few eagles for my Moonbase Alpha kit

Evan

Sweet! Can you share where he had that done? I may be looking to "grow" a few eagles for my Moonbase Alpha kit

Evan

PCS Engineering Inc. Where I work. I wil be doing these for Jason. He was considering makeing a mold and casting them but it would actually cost more to do that then have me print up a full tray.

Sweet,

I have heard of the process of "growing" objects, but I have not formally pursued it. Can I PM you for details and the availability of services? Requirements, etc.

Thanks,

PCS Engineering Inc. Where I work. I wil be doing these for Jason. He was considering makeing a mold and casting them but it would actually cost more to do that then have me print up a full tray.

Sweet,

I have heard of the process of "growing" objects, but I have not formally pursued it. Can I PM you for details and the availability of services? Requirements, etc.

Thanks,

Yes. at PCS we grow or 3d print a bunch of models from GK's like JT-Graphics (Me), Bad-Azz, Timeslip, Gizmotron and a few others. I do the quoting now as well ;)

Yep - all in one piece. Amazing!!

And Frank, that was my plan, but it's literally cheaper to grow a tray of these!!

When you "grow" something like this, what does the actual, physical cutting? A laser? Or is it some other process?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back