ROTJ Vader light saber

Re: ROTJ Vader light saber, NEW PICS!

I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is the bubble strip protruding out a bit on both ends of the clamp.

Wow Those are some great shots...
I love that about the blue wire etc...

I never did anything with that side on mine as I never knew what was there...Now I do...Great stuff!

There goes the hatnut idea :lol
I always believed in the broken lever and pin idea myself ...

I'd love to see a thread devoted to the Star Trek props too by the way...I'd love to see what's there...

maybe so, but then the bubblestrip has been replaced since ANH, as the bubblestrip these new pics doesn't seem to match...

Wondering if there's any new pics or information here?
I don't want this thread to dissappear...

maybe so, but then the bubblestrip has been replaced since ANH, as the bubblestrip these new pics doesn't seem to match...

I think it looks like the bubble strip was swapped with the other ANH Vader saber. They were probably all dumped in a box labeled "lightsabers" after ANH wrapped and had to be put back together.

I think it looks like the bubble strip was swapped with the other ANH Vader saber. They were probably all dumped in a box labeled "lightsabers" after ANH wrapped and had to be put back together.

I can go along with this.
If you try to fit an Exactra 20 bubble stip into an MPP clamp, you LUCKY if you can get 6 of the 7 bbubbles to fit perfectly. Its a pretty tight fit. To fit 7 bubbles.. your either going to have a strip sticking out of both ends of the clamp or youre going to have to trim the strip ends all the way to the bubble.

Can you get some better pics of the clamp section? Especially the washer.

I'm trying to determine the exact size and whether it's brass or stainless or whatever.

Re: ROTJ Vader light saber, NEW PICS 4-9-2008!

New pics:
DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Wow, great pics! Nice to see that the "B" port is indeed the wider version, like mine (the one I loaned Jeff Parks to reverse-engineer for his version... :angry ). Odd thumbscrew on the back of the shroud though. I haven't seen that type of knurling on the MPP thumbscrews before... I think someone else mentioned that, earlier, too. I also see the bit of the blue wire on the backside there! I guess that's confirmed now, too.

Thank you for these new shots. :)

Last edited:

Excellent pics! Thanks. It looks like the bubble strip has a step on either side of the bubbles.

I still can't be sure about the washer, I'm just gonna call mine close enough for me.

I can't really tell, but there's definitely something else under there, I noticed that in one of the previous pics.

I thought they had just stuck some tape or something under the bubbles to better secure them so they wouldn't move around, but I can almost see what could look like a copper line or something there.

This is the pic that made me think there was something else under there, are the exactra bubble strips that thick? I've got other real calc bubble strips, but not an actual exactra strip to compare.

DSCN0174.jpg

Man, I wish we had pics this good of all the sabers!

d3po2u, you're awesome, thanks for taking and sharing all these great photos. :)

Interesting. Maybe it is just the board that is behind the bubbles in the calculator? Glad I still have an Exactra here collecting dust... :)

Re: ROTJ Vader light saber, NEW PICS see last post!

I really don't think that there is enough room underneath the bubbles to have anything else...that is just my memory of trying to secure mine with tape and how difficult it was. I had to experiment with different kinds of tapes to find just the right combination of thickness. A circuit board is pretty thick, at least as thick as the bubble board and no way could both fit...IMO ;)

Re: ROTJ Vader light saber, NEW PICS see last post!

Ita ALWAYS possible that something COULd be under the bubble strip. All they had to do was sand it down in order for it to fit in the clamp with either a cuircut card under it, or tape. The bubbles inthe picture just dont glisten like they are supposed to. Either somthing is under the strip, or the strip is scratched.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back