Medical Frigate part ID help

My focus has changed somewhat....

Insulator, I'm thinking insulator.

These are bigger, probably ceramic
and about 10 -30 pounds each
but this is the idea. :confused

insulator_zps42444d44.jpeg

Not sure, it does look like that "pip" on the front is a roller axle, like it snaps into something?
The rear may well have been cut off, or have broken. It also dont look like anything passes through the unit, like fluids etc, i still get a roller of sorts, but I'm running out of google related terms to punch in :lol.

lee

I'd personally put anything from the motor trade out of my head, other than maybe a tool of some kind.
I've been in the trade for 18 years & I cant think of a use for a part this shape on a car, oil coolers usually have bigger fins (larger surface area) & would have a threaded union either end.

That barbed part on the end looks as though it fits into something. the bit that's getting my attention is that it has a ball shape at the tip as though its been designed to allow a slight pivot to something that may fit on there.

I'm currently thinking along the lines of part of a camera tripod leg :confused can anyone else picture this??

Leigh thats why im no longer looking into auto parts, over 20 years in the trade, nothing grabs me bud, im with you there.
Not seeing tripod either though :confused, its a pig of a part, that i have looked in on over many years, i always come back to a roller feed of some kind, I've even looked inside many vending machines over the years too lol.

lee

Leigh thats why im no longer looking into auto parts, over 20 years in the trade, nothing grabs me bud, im with you there.
Not seeing tripod either though :confused, its a pig of a part, that i have looked in on over many years, i always come back to a roller feed of some kind, I've even looked inside many vending machines over the years too lol.

lee

I've got a feeling your on the right track with the vacuum roller brush idea or as you say a roller feed of some kind. I'm sure I've handled one of these but I just cant think when or where....so frustrating!!

Yeah that's just a theory but it really does look plastic, and the only way to mold such a shape from a metal mold, would be with a 4-parts (at the minimum) mold and the seam lines would be exactly where the "wires" are. Now Ive been proven to be wrong in the past but Im pretty sure I have already seen such a part but way smaller and it was black plastic.

I can't see this being a feed roller
(as in a photo copier) as putting it
in contact with paper would churn
the paper up something fierce,
particularly with those square
standoff like objects along the top
which appear to be cast onto
the unit, it could go inside something
like an image drum, perhaps with
heating coils wrapped around it...

That barbed part on the end looks as though it fits into something. the bit that's getting my attention is that it has a ball shape at the tip as though its been designed to allow a slight pivot to something that may fit on there.

I'm currently thinking along the lines of part of a camera tripod leg :confused can anyone else picture this??

Maybe we should be thinking more along that
line, it is from a movie studio, after all.

What do they have in a movie studio a found
item like this could have come out of?

Camera
Projector (Slide & movie)
Tripod
Camera Dolly
Stedicam
lights and stands.

The thingamajig on the end:

barb05_zps0256f14d.jpg

Looks like a barb fitting for a hose. Do a Google image search for "barb fitting" for examples. Also looks like they stuck a cap in the end of the fitting to fill the hole.

The thingamajig on the end:
barb05_zps0256f14d.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the Plastruct Lamp Shade Style E (either LF-412 or LF-416 depending on size). Glue five of them stacked one on top of the other, with a hemispherical dome (VHH-12?) on the end.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back