Star Wars in 3D show off thread

Kevin

UPDATE: These are FINALLY in stock. Check out our website for more details about this and the other new 3D posters. http://www.syndime.com

This may not be a prop replica but I felt it was relevant enough to be in this section.

poster1.jpg

Remember this baby? Original poster from UK release in 1977? Actually it's not; it's a picture from a 3D lenticular poster I have just completed. I use some software we developed in-house to convert any 2D image into a true deep 3D picture. Not like the usual crappy pop-up book effect most people try and do!
It's for a UK poster company and the proof has just been approved by Lucasfilm! Should be in the shops for Christmas.

If you go to my website I have put a little movie on the index page that shows off the 3D effect.
http://syndime.com

Last edited:
Kevin,

That looks SUPERB!
Great work. I just sent you an email. Can you let us know how large this poster will be and an approximate cost?

Cheers,

Chris

47cm x 67cm.

It takes a lot of work for an image as complex as this. I've added all sorts of special effects such as a glow from the light sabers, a sheen on Vader's armour, etc.

Thanks for the nice words.

Wow, that's an outstanding 3-D effect! Hope you sell truckloads of them! Can't wait to see what else is in store :)

Cheers,

Dave C

Awsome Kevin, I used to work for a 3D company myself www.3diq.com (no longer in business, but home page is still up). How many layers did you use for the Lenticular? BTW I think I know how you did the Glare and glow effects ;)

Congratulations on getting it approved by Lucasfilm.

Now that is sweet!

Nice work and kudos on the LFL approval!

Ill be getting one for sure. :thumbsup

That is really AWEsome!! Do you think the Star Wars Shop will be offering it up for sale? The Style "C" one sheet is one of my favs...It would be sooo cool if you did one of the ESB "advance" one sheet:thumbsup

Cheers,
~Kevin

This is so impressive, and eons above the old cutout technique. Its great that you can use the same lenticular process, but update the software half of the equation to produce a result this impressive.

Awsome Kevin, I used to work for a 3D company myself www.3diq.com (no longer in business, but home page is still up). How many layers did you use for the Lenticular? BTW I think I know how you did the Glare and glow effects ;)

Hi Andy. Layers is the crappy technology I mentioned before.

I'll post a fly-by movie of the poster on Monday. You'll see what I mean then.

I think you'll like it.

It's this system I wanted to use for the "ultimate" set of Leon's photos (Blade Runner).

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back