Revell AT-AT (updates 12/06/07)

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hello.
I'm working on the new RoG AT-AT.
It's not too bad. The head can be toss though.
I will convert it into a stop motion model.
Here some pics :
ratat1.jpg

ratat2.jpg

ratat3.jpg

I sanded all the raised line and rescribed new ones. I corrected the shape of the front left armor side, which was incorrect (right and left should be different). I used the flak38 parts on the but, which were used on the real prop. If course they are a bit oversized, but they will be hidden by the armor plates. I used too some other parts used on the real prop.

Last edited:
Re: Revell AT-AT

Thanks MT... I glanced through the links (but haven't studied them in detail.

Then in this pic, are the two feet from the initial Ertl release and then from the RoG release?

Hey Thanks MT for stepping up and answering this question for me
I think I might have to bite the bullet and get this

Yep the size is one of the best point of this kit :)

Im starting the detalling of the body shell. I sprayed a thin coat of primer to see/show the result. It's not perfect, but I think it's close to the original greeblies !
ratat4.jpg

ratat5.jpg

ratat6.jpg

ratat7.jpg

ratat8.jpg

ratat9.jpg

ratat10.jpg

ratat11.jpg

ratat12.jpg

Re: Revell AT-AT (updates 10/12/07)

Beautiful work! Would still love to see this next to a Coke can! ;)

I have that $50 toy-ish version. I may simulate the MR display or the downed AT-AT. I am thinking that for the downed version, this model kit may be best...

Being RoG, I don't suppose it's necessarily easy for us in the US to come by... (?)

SSM store is carrying it for you US people. But it's a bit expensive ($70 for you, about 40€ for us). The kit should be made in China so you pay the shippment China=>Germany=>United States. :(

The WOTC is not stryene, it's very hard to work with (I had the same plan you have when I first purchased it last year). But too much work. And the legs are one part :/ The underbelly has no detail... (not a problem if you go for the downed version though :p).

I would say go for the RoG model !

I wish you´d cast the detail areas on the main body...but then where´d be the fun of doing some work myself! :lol Your buildup will be the one to compare all others to. :)

Sorry Dan, I will not cast the detail areas.

Some new pics. Ok that's not a Coke can, but it's still a can ! :lol
The left side of the body shell is almost done, I have to scribe some more lines and add 2 little armor plates (I forget them :angry).
I made parts out of metal (knee articulation) for a try. That's strong and that works well. Good. I will continue this way ;)

ratat14.jpg

ratat15.jpg

ratat16.jpg

Re: Revell AT-AT (updates 10/15/07)

Whoa! That's a pretty good sized kit! Looking sweet MonsieurTox!:thumbsup

Re: Revell AT-AT (updates 10/15/07)

Thanks guys ! :)

Yeah the WOTC is a bit bigger (maybe 2 or 3 inches).

Here the master for the underside details of the feet :

ratat17.jpg

ratat18.jpg

ratat19.jpg

ratat20.jpg

Re: Revell AT-AT (updates 10/16/07)

Cool! MGM Studios in Orland FL has a 1/4 or 1/2 scale AT-AT and I think they have a footprint in the concrete. But I suspect it is not accurate...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back