Han EE weathered look NEW PIC'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Han EE weathered look

Looks great (even better than the first one, if that's possible :thumbsup)!

You need to fix the "[/img]" for the last image to show.

AWESOME!!!!

Could you please tell me how exactly the EE blaster breaks down?
I might buy one to use the muzzle, grill, mount/ cradle on my real C96 along with a real H&W 3x scope.

Thanks in advance, Markus

Well, back to work on this today. Just sat down for a break so here's some new pic's. I've re done a few small area's & started work on the scope bracket. I'm not happy with the center horizontal bar & am thinking of completely re doing this later. Also there is a comparrison pick of the Standard EE with my weathered EE.

WeathPro.jpg

I'm doing more on the scope next, as natural light is getting worse due to the constant clouds over manchester I may hold off on any major weathering till tomorrow!!!! but its hard to put this baby down. :grin:

WHat´s that blaster in the back of the pic?

Markus

WHat´s that blaster in the back of the pic?

Markus

The other blaster in the pic is an MR Elite Edition Engenering Prototype, I won it at the auctionat the MR C4 party. It does vart quite a bit to the final version, so it must be one of the earliest they made. The scope doent have the 3 grub screws & still has the ring around the muzzle end, the scope mount bracket is different to. the grill on the proto is a lot larger & ends under further under the scope mount, pretty cool piece of MR history. My intenion is to have a wall mounted case with the Proto, EE & wearthered EE in the one case.

The EE brakes down really easily, but the grill is held in place by 2 pins into the front of the blaster & glued. I've not taken the grill off any of my weathered ones so dont know if its the same as the proto? Sorry. Everything else just unscrews, they have used glue/resin aswell around some threaded area's but this comes undone with a little force... no pun intended.

Newtop.jpg

Newback2.jpg

Last edited:

Outstanding!

Don't forget the scratches on the grips, like your first weathered EE. ;)

Outstanding!

Don't forget the scratches on the grips, like your first weathered EE. ;)
Dont worry it'll all be there....thanks for the kind words Its much tougher this time as I have to try & better what I did on the last one. I doubt I'm going to be able to compete with the weathering on the scope from my last opne as i was a bit of a fluke???? Time will tell!

Any pics of your finished EE? I just picked up an EE yesterday and was looking for some inspiration:cool

Any pics of your finished EE? I just picked up an EE yesterday and was looking for some inspiration:cool

Sorry, Ive been away for a while working. I wont get time to finnish this latest blaster till late september but as always I'll update with pics as soon as I have any.

I'll be starting again soon & hopefully between me & Steve we'll have 2 great blasters to show off!

Well I managed to add some more wearthering to my second attempt Han EE today. Its difficult coming back to it after so many weeks & I stil have a long way to go...touch ups etc. The scope is only 10% done at the moment I kind of backed off before starting it & decided to quit for the day. I'm hoping to have it finnished this week. Hope you like them?

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

For some reason the rust coulour is showing up in the pics a little more than it does in the flesh!!!!

I "really" want to make this one look older than my last one.

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2589.1.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

Last edited:

If anyone is interested I am off work for the next 4 weeks & will be able to do comissions for people if you wanted your EE blaster or any blaster weathering. It is possible to do it in a day so you would be more than welcome to come over & help out. I'm near Manchester but could travel. I'm bored & it'll keep me off ebay!!!!!! Email me if you are interested?

That is schweeet! Love that flash suppressor :cool I only wished I could crank mine out like you bud. Seems like whenever I find the time, I spend a lot of it staring at the reference pics more than working on the gun :lol

Hopefully by weeks end I'll call mine done. We're on the same page with the rust thing now....the EE is just begging to be weathered.

Can't wait to see yours all done.

Thanks mate, I've also noticed the harder you try the harder they get. I gave up using the ref pic;s for the mane body, Its a lot easier to just go for the overall look. There is so little ref out there that its really hard to get a screen acurate look. But you can get close, thats why I go for what it would look like if it were found today rather than on screen, as I'm sure there would be very little rust on the hero prop when it was used??? If you find it hard to get the look you want on the Flash Sup feel free to pop it in a bag to me? Best G

I hear ya on not placing too much faith in the ref. pics....they're as decieving as an ESB Fett...which I too tackled after 6 years :lol I love a challenge. The overall feel along with the signature scratches are what it's all about and you've definitely nailed it ...again. :)

Check out my last post in my thread...I compared the two ref. pics and a real MG81 suppressor. It's of course more confusing, but sheds a different light (figureatively) on the finish of the suppressor.

Steve:thumbsup

I just reaised that I hadn't finished this blaster so will update at the weekend, Know I have an airbrush I'll try & get the scope the way I want it to look. Its only taken me a year????????

Even after all this time, this is still one of my most favorite threads. If I'm ever lucky enough to stumble upon an Elite Edition for sale, then I'm definitely going to use this as a guide (But getting one is proving a right pain in the a** though.) In particular, I really dig the grip weathering! :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back