Han EE weathered look NEW PIC'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
I'm 50% through weathering My AJcollecting returned Han EE, all done with dry brushing & an exacto knife & pastels. Still got quite a lot to do but I'm pretty happy with the results so far?
goodpic2.jpg

yes.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Han EE weathered look

That looks GREAT!
Sent you a PM to see if your weathering services are for hire!

Chris

It looks absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to see when it's all done....ditto on that PM:love

did you seal the pastels with anything?

As of yet no, I applied the pastels with the paint to help them bond & it also makes the paint dry quicker but this is the first time I've used pastels so need to look into seeling the blaster when its finnished. Any advice would be great, as I'm a novice with pastels. All the blasters I've done are ment for display only but a clear coat seal would be easy to do I imagine?

Hands down, that's the best weathering I've ever seen!!

Good job man! :thumbsup

I dunno if I'd use a clearcoat.... anything you spray over your weathering will probably darken and possibly dull your weathering. Especially if you are using metallic paints. Anyone ever clearcoat something metallic? I'm not saying it will ruin your hard work, but it may no longer appear exactly the way you had so painstakingly worked towards.

Even if you used a semi gloss or flat in very light coats you would still be creating a uniform surface over the prop that clearly has different textures and finishes to each component. If its for display most of the time just weather it till your happy with the look and enjoy.

EDIT:
Yeah, and AWESOME blaster dude... its the nicest I've ever seen.

Last edited:

I think you lot are giving me an ego........... I'm over whelmed with the response to this as I'm quite a critic of my own work. I promise to get it finnished this week. There are more pics over at rebelscum in the MR props forum. I wish i had the room for a stormy blaster I'm sure this would look great with the right weathering? Has anyone else weathered their MR EE yet I'd love to see some pics of someone else's?

I dunno if I'd use a clearcoat.... anything you spray over your weathering will probably darken and possibly dull your weathering. Especially if you are using metallic paints. Anyone ever clearcoat something metallic? I'm not saying it will ruin your hard work, but it may no longer appear exactly the way you had so painstakingly worked towards.

Even if you used a semi gloss or flat in very light coats you would still be creating a uniform surface over the prop that clearly has different textures and finishes to each component. If its for display most of the time just weather it till your happy with the look and enjoy.

EDIT:
Yeah, and AWESOME blaster dude... its the nicest I've ever seen.

I think your right about the clear coat I've been away for a few days & just checked the blaster & the pastels have held really well having been aplied to the wet paint. It is only being displayed & I'd hate to ruin the hard work I've put in. Thanks for the advice

Has anyone else weathered their MR EE yet I'd love to see some pics of someone else's?

I'm doing mine! I actually saw your pics over on Rebelscum and I just couldn't stand it any more. :lol
I'll hopefully be done soon, and will post mine (in another thread) once it's done.

Fantastic work on yours!! Hope mine comes out half that good. :confused

I'm doing mine! I actually saw your pics over on Rebelscum and I just couldn't stand it any more. :lol
I'll hopefully be done soon, and will post mine (in another thread) once it's done.

Fantastic work on yours!! Hope mine comes out half that good. :confused

I cant wait to see it, if you need any help no matter what please ask. I'm sure it will look great i cant wait to start mine again tomorrow. How about sending me a progress pick or posting one? Cheers Guy

Guy,
I don't want to take over your thread, but since you asked for a pic, here's one. :)

IMG_1035.jpg

I still have some tweaking to do. . . mostly on the flash hider. Are you planning on 'dulling down' the grips on yours? I think it's looking a bit odd with those glossy pristine grips.
Eric

Very cool!!! I also just realized I forgot to paint the brass on the ends of the scope from the last BD ANH blaster waaaaay back! :lol

Your more than welcome, Its looking really good, What paint have you used, I've got so used to the LE version that I worry the horizontal bar weathering looks to shiney, yours is a lot more sbutle & easyer on the eye? For the grips I've been thinking how to age them! I rekon I'm gunna light sand parts & use a charcoal or dark HB pencil lead sanded to a dust to rub in to age them + some scratches here & there. I'm going to practice on some old guitar necks I have before comitting to the grips or as before use the back side of the grips although these parts are raw wood, untreated unlike the front side.

I've basically been using 2 Humbrol metallics. "Polished Steel" and "Aluminum." I don't know the color numbers. I also had a set of pigment powders in various shades of rust. I only used the darkest shade called "Soot" to rub into the paint. They're very finely ground powders, and are supposed to stick with no sealant. Of course, I haven't been handling the blaster that much. Only picking it up by the grips as I was painting.
I was really nervous disassembling it, but it came apart pretty easily!

I really like that look. You have managed to make it look aged and worn, but not gone overboard. Good work!

I really like that look. You have managed to make it look aged and worn, but not gone overboard. Good work!

Well, back to work on this today. Just sat down for a break so here's some new pic's. I've re done a few small area's & started work on the scope bracket. I'm not happy with the center horizontal bar & am thinking of completely re doing this later. Also there is a comparrison pick of the Standard EE with my weathered EE.

Newtouch.jpg

Backview2.jpg

close.jpg

Both3.jpg

Both4.jpg

WeathPro.jpg

I'm doing more on the scope next, as natural light is getting worse due to the constant clouds over manchester I may hold off on any major weathering till tomorrow!!!! but its hard to put this baby down. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back