Star Wars Graphic Novel Question

chalback

Sr Member
Hey guys its been awhile since iv read and graphic novels and was wondering if anyone could suggest some good star wars ones i should get, I saw they released a Ahsoka book what looks great but im not a big novel fan i seem to lose interest reading them and i also read super slow lol. Any suggestions for good graphic novel would be awesome, Also dose anyone know if they will do the ahsoka book in a graphic novel?

Doubt they'll do a graphic adaptation of Ahsoka, or at least not for several years -- they already have many stories they're trying to get out the door. About the only adaptations I expect any time soon are of the movies.

That said... The standalone miniseries collections would be good -- Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, Kanan, Obi-Wan & Anakin, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Lando, Shattered Empire... And if you don't mind installments in a story that hasn't ended yet, the ongoing-series collections are quite good -- Star Wars and Darth Vader ran concurrently, so I'd recommend reading them together. The Vader series ended at 25 and the Doctor Aphra series picked up from there, so I'd still alternate. There's also the Poe Dameron series, but since people are so polarized on the new films, I'll only recommend that one if you like them. *heh*

As for the stuff that is in the Legends category, anything from the thousands-of-years-ago timeframe. Golden Age of the Sith, Tales of the Jedi, The Sith War, Knights of the Old Republic, Fall of the Sith Empire, Knight Errant... The period is unlikely to be visited in the new canon anytime soon, and the Story Group are fans of those works. References have already shown up in the new canon, so I feel it's safe.

--Jonah

Hey guys its been awhile since iv read and graphic novels and was wondering if anyone could suggest some good star wars ones i should get, I saw they released a Ahsoka book what looks great but im not a big novel fan i seem to lose interest reading them and i also read super slow lol. Any suggestions for good graphic novel would be awesome, Also dose anyone know if they will do the ahsoka book in a graphic novel?

VADER! VADER! VADER! All the new Vader comics are fantastic and there's another big one coming in June.

as for ahsoka, have you tried audibles? i know i was able to listen to the ahsoka book for free. but i like about it is you can download it use bluetooth to listen to it in the car on long rides. another cool thing is the book is narrated by ashley eckstien, so thats really cool as well

as for graphic novels, the darth vader series is REALLY good!

- - - Updated - - -

another one i love is shattered empire that one is great and i believe there is a key "piece" in shattered empire that will appear or relate to something in ep8

Ill check them both out. Thanks

as for ahsoka, have you tried audibles? i know i was able to listen to the ahsoka book for free. but i like about it is you can download it use bluetooth to listen to it in the car on long rides. another cool thing is the book is narrated by ashley eckstien, so thats really cool as well

as for graphic novels, the darth vader series is REALLY good!

- - - Updated - - -

another one i love is shattered empire that one is great and i believe there is a key "piece" in shattered empire that will appear or relate to something in ep8

Haven't read any new canon stuff, but here's my advice:

Dark Horse Comics had a fantastic run with much of the Star Wars line. The two best examples of this are:

- Classic Star Wars -- this reprints the Star Wars comic strip that appeared in national newspapers back in the late 70s and early 80s. It takes place between the Battle of Yavin and just before the Rebels get to Hoth. It's got a great, unique look to it. Written by Archie Goodwin and illustrated by Al Williamson (in a very Flash Gordon style look). They also adapted the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi for Marvel. You can find TPBs of these.

- The Tales of the Jedi stuff. I never read the Golden Age of the Sith stuff, but I read most of the rest, and it's pretty enjoyable.

You can get these in omnibus editions, but there may also be some larger format versions of them floating around as TPBs.

I read Ahsoka last night, its a great read! I'd recommend it :)

I'm hoping there'll be more novels about Ashoka's adventures, she's a really interesting character imo :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back