Bandai T-70 X-Wing in Ralph McQuarrie colors

BLADE and BRUSH

This is my homage to Ralph McQuarrie's early X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter concept painting. It's also the model that instigated my thread and video about the risks of using turpentine. Being my first showcase video with a voice-over instead of text, I'm curious to hear your feedback. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic work for something 3 inches long, and all the more so for the non-standard color scheme and the parts breakage!

Video and audio quality are excellent.

-MJ

I forgot to mention it in the video, but the concept painting doesn't appear to show any wing markings. My inspiration there came from Andy Moore's 1:72 scale build. Anyone know if he's a member here? I found his version while google searching for alternate color schemes. I did tweak my version just a bit though.

Yep Andy Moore's stuff is always inspiring,...& he always does stuff unexpected & different,.....his RMQ X-Wing is a nice clean pristine paint job,...but I love your weathering

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/...-70-x-wing-mcquarrie-concept/#comment-2203601

23247496464_3f0c9370ae_b.jpg

23875674515_21d7f6a9e6_b.jpg

23247480874_268053bd5b_b.jpg

J

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back