Favorite bad sci-fi movie?

Escape from New York. My personal fave.

That's not really considered a bad sci-fi movie is it...?

For me, maybe MiB II... Everyone rails on it, but I enjoy it.

Edit: Sorry - responded to the first post without reading the thread. I see that topic has been addressed...! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, not out to offend anyone. I absolutely love Escape From New York. I have watched it a thousand times. Its bad in all the right ways!

Well... It IS John Carpenter after all...!

I was trying to think of a movie, and I saw Suburban Commando. Yep, so bad its great.
High pitched, "You're a dead man Ramsey"....."No wonder you guys never talk."

The Wraith for sure--

Battle Beyond the Stars
Flash Gordon
The Black Hole

basically anything I saw in the 80s as a kid that was trying to cash in on Star Wars I got love for.
This!

Also 80s Sci-fi horror: Lifeform
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeforce_(film)
I cant forget that naked vampire chick! Must have paused the old VCR several times back in the day...;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Zone-11.jpg

is that the movie where people turned into stone when in contact with the things? scared the crap out of me as a kid

No, this one had a kind of meteorite that, when wet, would grow into a tall spire and fall over, smashing into a bunch of smaller pieces that grew into tall spires, fell over and....well, you get the idea. Basically these things kept spreading and were destroying everything in their path.

Well there are 20 stand out 80's movies for me that no one has mentioned yet.

Runaway with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons..... gotta love those acid spiders..... I only watched it a few days ago as I hadnt seen it jn a long time. Still dodgy but I still love it.

But for the ultimate in Corny but loveable movie it has to be.....

MEGAFORCE.......

Screenshot_2017-01-23-08-19-17_crop_962x535.png

Screenshot_2017-01-23-08-20-14_crop_1111x542.png

Ace Hunter (Barry Bostwick) is just THE coolest guy on the planet, and pitted against Duke Guerera (Henry Silva) you just cant go wrong. Love it love it love it.

Even the director Hal Needham shows up in a role......lol.... YES MEGAFORCE!

I actually got a copy of Crusoe on mars from the UK that had blu ray and normal dvd in it on the cheap. It was one of the first movies I remember seeing on Monstervision. Dinosaur with Ringo Starr is a fun one too.

Remembered one i enjoyed

robinson crusoe on mars

I remember seeing this in the 1960's and the only reason I watched it was because Batman was in it, of course he was killed off really fast. I then ended up really liking it and have seen it a number of times since then.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back