**** you, 2016. ****. You.

It's only over when the ( fat lady sings )!!
for gods sake make the fat lady sing before we loose anybody else

This is just a guess, but did George R. R. Martin write 2016?
Funny you mention that, I came here to post this:
2016.jpg

Got some show on about divas, Cher just popped up with the Turn Back Time video. Now, I was a young lad when that came out and it had a profound effect on me. Which then got me thinking about this last year. She is 70.

Then I got to thinking about the likes of Clint, he's 86. Morgan Freeman is 79.

So I've got myself a bit depressed, the coming years aren't likely to be a whole lot better, our idols are at least a generation ahead of us, we're going to see more of this. Maybe not in the numbers of 2016.

Anyway, more brandy, that started this maudlin train of thought, a couple more and it can damn well solve it too!

Death is a part of life that we all must face. Like it or not. Yes 2016 took some iconic names from us but remember, in the years to come, there will always be more death and tragedy. I for one choose to celebrate what they left behind and appreciate the living and what life brings, not takes. A crappie year? Perhaps. History has shown us some horrific years like 911 in recent times, and back to pearl harbor. Like many past years, this will just be another year we rember in a different light.

Here's hoping 2017 will show more compassion and kindness.

I mean, if this is the lament 2016 thread, let me share my story.

On October 19th at 9:45AM the building that my business was in literally blew up. My whole world got the Michael Bay treatment and got leveled in the largest explosion in Oregon history. Now, I am a professional tattooer and have been for twelve years. All of my equipment, original art work and other irreplaceable knick knacks were gone in an instant. Nothing was salvaged.

So yeah, 2016 can suck a D. However, the days following the explosion were amazing because I got to see my community and peers come together and offer help along with words of encouragement.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    565.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 78
I mean, if this is the lament 2016 thread, let me share my story.

On October 19th at 9:45AM the building that my business was in literally blew up. My whole world got the Michael Bay treatment and got leveled in the largest explosion in Oregon history. Now, I am a professional tattooer and have been for twelve years. All of my equipment, original art work and other irreplaceable knick knacks were gone in an instant. Nothing was salvaged.

So yeah, 2016 can suck a D. However, the days following the explosion were amazing because I got to see my community and peers come together and offer help along with words of encouragement.

Holy hell, how the hell did it just blow up???? Gas leak???

It was a construction company that hit a gas pipe right?

Sorry to to hear about your shop man :(

Ding ding! Yes, a construction company struck a gas line right between our building and another. Instead of calling the gas company and having the line shut off they tried to fix it because they had been digging without permission. Thank you for the condolences, it's been a weird few months.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Ding ding! Yes, a construction company struck a gas line right between our building and another. Instead of calling the gas company and having the line shut off they tried to fix it because they had been digging without permission. Thank you for the condolences, it's been a weird few months.

Happy New Year, everyone!

GEEZ! :eek

I hope people are going to jail for this....?

I'm so glad we don't use that much gas here where I live.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back