Buzz Lightyear help

prev

First off, not sure where this would go...

Here's the rundown: my partner and myself had got a Buzz Lightyear for our (nearly) 2 year old for Xmas. It turned up today, but his feet are snapped off. :cry
Anyway, dispute has been sorted (somehow, we're allowed to keep the broken toy), and a replacement is on the way.

My dilemma is this - I don't want to dispose of Buzz. I'd like to make a display for him, have him static. But I don't have much of a clue of what I could do.

This is where you fine folk come in.

I need ideas please.

Hi Prev,

my first thought would be to sand the area where it snapped off and see if you can glue it with contact cement,depending on the materials that you wish to connect.The Bison brand has many types of adhesive to glue different types of material.Other than that I would not know,but there is sure be someone here to respond with a more suitable answer.Good luck for now.

Hey George.

Forgot to add - I'm in New Zealand.

As for taking him apart - it don't look like it will be easy. Thanks for the tip tho.

Turn him into Mrs Nesbitt, and hide his feet under the table :p

buzz-lightyear-mrs.-nesbitt.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Nice. I was thinking of that idea dude, but I'm thinking of putting a metal rod up through one (or both) leg(s) for a bit more stability.
Guess I need an idea for a base now...

Maybe one of those round jumping discs that is shown in the Intro to toystory 2..

You could make a little rocket for his back make a mobile for your kids ceiling.

Another great idea, but I have 10 foot ceilings in my house. I'd have to find a balance of clearing my head (I'm 6'2''), and putting it where the little dude can see it.

Not overly difficult I know, but I'm really liking Contec's idea of gluing him in a heroic pose.

Might try and get some of those Pizza Planet alien dudes to go with him?

Any ideas where I could get some decent ones?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back