Full size Rogue One X-Wing in Hollywood

image_606ff7f7.jpeg

Try, it's more like the ESB cockpit is ANH incorrect. That Rogue One X-Wing cockpit appears that they actually made an effort to replicate the ANH X-Wing cockpits.
I think they changed the canopy struts (ESB) to be actually functional - to be opened and closed hydraulically - like in the Dagobah crash scene.

Seems there are other detail differences as well.

Isn't the cockpit opening mechanism incorrect? What happened to those two hydraulic pistons that were used to open it in ESB?
View attachment 690071

And what ever happened to the tinted glass ala ANH?

Isn't the cockpit opening mechanism incorrect? What happened to those two hydraulic pistons that were used to open it in ESB?
View attachment 690071

And what ever happened to the tinted glass ala ANH?

stuff like this doesnt bother me, maybe it was made its a earlier model, or later model. kinda like vehicles today. you can have a 99 ford explorer and i have a 2000 though its the same outside exterior it could have some minor interior changes

this is how i think of things lol

- - - Updated - - -

incredible pictures!! thanks for snapping and sharing those!

The Rogue One X-Wing on display has a functional cockpit canopy. I saw someone use a remote box to open and close it from the ground a couple times so someone else could try to get cockpit photos. They didn't have a ladder, so I don't think they got much of a view just holding their phone up.
X-Wing Canopy Closing TJB_1784.jpg

This X-Wing is superbly detailed and one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I sure wish I could get some quality time inside the fence to get a proper panorama to do it justice. There is so much detail and weathering on it that really needs a 400 MP image that can be printed life size.
View attachment 689302View attachment 689303

The weathering on that cockpit is fantastic! Having seen my fair share own worn military equipment (compulsory service here in Norway), I'd say they have nailed the well used look really well.

Stitching and blending and focus stacking of the 85 shots to make a 400 MP image is done, now I need to find a suitable jungle/hangar background to place it into since I didn't take shots around the X-Wing itself for the fully zoomed images. I also took wide angle shots that will show the whole scene.
If printed at 150 pixels/inch, this would be 195" x 32". The crop shows the full resolution of it. I just love the detail that is in the X-Wing.
I also have this same view with the cockpit canopy closed. Too bad the R2 unit that was on it for the red carpet event wasn't there by the time I got there at about 6:30.

X-Wing Front Side Zoom Detail.jpgX-Wing Front Side Zoom Panorama.jpg

Belgian costume division together with project x1 can finally show their newest prop fanmade http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161214/5aa8c8769eabae60d2e10492bcf74c06.jpg
It was shown to the world at the belgian avantpremierehttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161214/68c3a1b4fc7271294c7d316c026c47bd.jpg

Yarooon

haven't seen the movie yet, is that the reason why i have no idea what this is? maybe i should stay clear until this weekend to avoid finding out what it is lol

Side view of Red Three at the World Premiere of Rogue One in Hollywood on Saturday, Dec 10, 2016.
Single Row panorama with two extra passes to get the guns in focus, manually blended in Photoshop after basic stitching of the 30 shots in PTGui.
140 x 37 inches, 118 MP.

My earlier comment about a yellow R2 unit being on the X-Wing during the red carpet event was in error. I watched the video again and saw that it was on a fan built car in one of the tents. Did anyone get a picture of the car?

X-Wing Side Detail.jpgX-Wing Side Panorama.jpg

X-Wing Side Detail.jpg

X-Wing Side Panorama.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back