a good chewbacca mask out there today ?

shayvidas

so now near the end of my last cosplay (pictures and thread soon ! i promise),
i'm starting my chewbacca build,
i wanted to start off with the mask, since i understood the process for the suite, and stills and all. (7" requirements !!!! that's really cool actually)

as it is far too complicated for me to make,
I wanted to start by buying a mask,
or ad least a helmet kit,
so by looking around i just want a kit with a mouth that has the ability to move...

from an old post i found here i saw chewy works on FB but their mask cost like 3000+ USD ...
that is soo much over my budget... i thought it was like a 1\10 that price...

anyway, is there a good place to buy masks this days for normal prices ?

I might start offering kits fairly soon. My buddy Oli is just working on the fibreglass underskull. The prototype turned out pretty neat, the final piece will be even better!

406128_10151340685986698_1493073498_n.jpg13729020_10153602903561176_5137785248559148116_n.jpg

thats awesome! does he wear some kind of stilts?

Yeah, I made myself a really basic pair of lifts using old sneakers, insulation foam, MDF, a cheap handheld jigsaw, and plenty of duct tape. I'm 6'2" and these suckers boost me to over 7-foot. Take some getting used to though haha.

I'm refining my own suit, but it's coming along nicely. The mask has an articulated jaw, hoping my next version might include a snarling lip mech. The kit I'd be offering would be fairly basic though... just a fibreglass underskull and a reinforced silicone skin.

Yeah, I made myself a really basic pair of lifts using old sneakers, insulation foam, MDF, a cheap handheld jigsaw, and plenty of duct tape. I'm 6'2" and these suckers boost me to over 7-foot. Take some getting used to though haha.

I'm refining my own suit, but it's coming along nicely. The mask has an articulated jaw, hoping my next version might include a snarling lip mech. The kit I'd be offering would be fairly basic though... just a fibreglass underskull and a reinforced silicone skin.

awesome! i was up late last night on the rebel legion reading about chewie builds! boy does it look time consuming stitching all that hair in! its times like this i wish i knew how to sew. so i could sew up my on PJ suit.

the mask looks awesome! what do you use for teeth?

No way you'd offer one with the articulated jaw/lip mech?

I dunno about that, but a basic kit would definitely be more affordable.

- - - Updated - - -

awesome! i was up late last night on the rebel legion reading about chewie builds! boy does it look time consuming stitching all that hair in! its times like this i wish i knew how to sew. so i could sew up my on PJ suit.

the mask looks awesome! what do you use for teeth?

A dear friend of mine actually set me up with the teeth. I might offer a set of my own based off them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back