A New Hope Chewbacca Bowcaster

I have changed a couple of parts on my build steel barrel and all steel scope mounts hard wear and trigger going to leave them blued. I have also got some nice vintage Parker and hale scope mounts to hold my single point scope.

Your definitely doing a great job getting the details on. That being said according to Adam savage props for the most part are painted after everything is built. That being said I totally agree with what you’re saying when it comes to painting this prop. Funny enough the other day I found one of the cameras for $25 with one of the screen used knobs. I couldn’t resist and bought it. Who knows maybe I’ll attempt that project one day. You always do great work Ryan, well done.

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
Yes your right but I like to make props as detail as possible go that extra mile it makes them feel and look more real. I think as prop makers we have more time and so do not have to rush these builds as film prop makes some times have to do.

I'm still waiting for the correct coiled cable. Finding it has been sort of a pain. The shorter length of coiled cable in the images I ended up changing because it was actually too big. The coiled wires provided by blaster factory worked great for the piece that wraps around the back of the bowcaster however the lengths they provided were too short for screen accurate. If you look in this photo the coiled cables are definitely different sizes.
20240128_205951.jpg

Did you use rubber balls on the end of the bow, I would like to use something diffrant on my build any ideas. Nice set of pictures real does it justice such a nice build.

Did you use rubber balls on the end of the bow, I would like to use something diffrant on my build any ideas. Nice set of pictures real does it justice such a nice build.
Thank you! I actually used stainless steel spheres. I got them from Portumac on the RPF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back