New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

I'll tell you how nice it is when it arrives. I just bought one for $150!!! Yeah, I can probably get it cheaper if I waited, but dang this is going to be a nice kit!!!!!

Got the Revell SD today ($15 Amazon order). Both impressed and disappointed at the same time. So much potential squandered on the toy like landing gear! Otherwise a very well designed kit. Deep panel lines should be OK under some paint layers.

Still better than the old AMT kit. But hoping for something much better with Zvezda.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Two new pics from ebay.

001_zpsnxwhwpyf.jpg

002_zpseaopiybk.jpg

Now it's on their official website, getting closer.
Listed as not available though.

Last edited:
It seems to me the only fixes the kit might need are the conning tower tilt and deepening the main hangar bay, both relatively minor and optional. Super-detailing possibilities are endless. A little wash, a bit of drybrushing, add fiber optics, and make a painting template to spray slightly darker gray squares all over the hull and this will be the star destroyer of my dreams!

It can´t compete for me with the much bigger Anigrand, which i gonna build me my ISD II from. So i´m thinking of making a Interdictor from it.

But as usual ...... final decision will be made after parts are in hand. Another option could be to make the Ani for display at home only, and build this as a show bitch, for transport and display at model exhibitions/fairs. It´s way cheaper and much more easy to repair or replace.

It can´t compete for me with the much bigger Anigrand, which i gonna build me my ISD II from. So i´m thinking of making a Interdictor from it.

But as usual ...... final decision will be made after parts are in hand. Another option could be to make the Ani for display at home only, and build this as a show bitch, for transport and display at model exhibitions/fairs. It´s way cheaper and much more easy to repair or replace.

Size isn't everything... ;-)

The anigrand is not THAT much bigger, but it sure is more expensive...

cheers

Size isn't everything... ;-)

The anigrand is not THAT much bigger, but it sure is more expensive...

Size DOES matter (at least when displaying capital ships). :D

And it IS much bigger - don´t go just with the length, the growth is 3dimensional, so the volume is much more than the length alone might imply.

But the main advantage of the Ani is (for me at least) that i can have other ships in the same scale (atm. i have the Rendili Dreadnaught, Acclamator, Nebulon, MF, Tydirium - a Victory started from scratch).

But bringing the Z is great, if i wouldn´t probably get one to write a rewiew, i would buy one. (maybe i will do that in each case :lol:angel)

Last edited:
"That" bloke on eBay is selling one for $250US now. I hope nobody gives into him. Hes just a scalper.

Ben

If you click the buy it now, but he also has the make an offer. That's what I did.

He got rid of the make an offer option for his latest one.

Anyway there is another offering $120US with free shipping. And they have a bunch of them so anyone interested go get em at a great price. ;)

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back