M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Yeah that pic is perfect! I think most of the main wear and tear is on the ends, so maybe minimal rubnbuff brass in the middle section, but still get realistic wear on the ends, yet be a lot cheaper than all brass!

I love it ,,, ill work on that ... Making a hybrid... Just doing a ring with the text may be do-able ... Ill will need to do a another run of these very soon ill try to get a cost /impact analysis.. The back piece with the rear foot is the most expensive and time consuming part..
It would save a lot of weight ...
I did look into casting the m19 in brass , the problem was the cost was so high it would make a replica out of range to most buyers ... They would have to be done in very large quantities....50.000 +
Ill have to name the hybrid kit after you guys...LOL

The base casting will allow for both ports / i can machine them either way
Scopes%202_zpsg5jm0avp.jpg

You gotta do a run of round port m19 replicas too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey out of curiosity, what do you use to take your scopes apart? I'm always afraid a regular screwdriver will slip and gouge the glass when I'm trying to remove the lenses.

Chris, would you be able to make another retool like that to sell? I bought a lens remover tool but its still risky to use, too many sharp edges. Suffered a small scratch on the retainer ring. Would love to have one for my M38 and one for my M19. Let me know.

I have been asked for this a tool many times... Henry and I have talked about that too... What scares me about that is someone getting it and still ripping/tearing /scratching the vintage scope lens retainers and getting mad at me for it... You probably know this about these scopes ,, some come apart smooth and some are a slave Leia.... Ill make some but ill have to part a huge "do this at your own risk LMAO' What do you think?????????

Chris, would you be able to make another retool like that to sell? I bought a lens remover tool but its still risky to use, too many sharp edges. Suffered a small scratch on the retainer ring. Would love to have one for my M38 and one for my M19. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been asked for this a tool many times... Henry and I have talked about that too... What scares me about that is someone getting it and still ripping/tearing /scratching the vintage scope lens retainers and getting mad at me for it... You probably know this about these scopes ,, some come apart smooth and some are a slave Leia.... Ill make some but ill have to part a huge "do this at your own risk LMAO' What do you think?????????

That should be fine.

Like you I made my own tool, but yours is better. Lol.

Also, like you said, some come apart easily... some are a real struggle.

The risk is fine. I already scratched one ring in a fight to get it unscrewed. Your tool looks like the safest tool out there to use. Appreciate it deeply. I am scared to reassemble mine without it. :)

check out the new sight mount..... Ive made it to secure and attach the sight guard too .. ill try to have the whole assembly this week
(It has not been deburred and there is one more op to finish this piece)
IMG_4656_zpsmbus7wv8.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back