Spectrum Officers's Pistol by Century Castings

VioletSun

Hi RPFers,

Thought I'd post some of the images of this gorgeous kit I'm currently working whilst waiting for more materials for my Nostromo Flamethrower. I have to say I was never expecting to see this prop up for sale as a kit. Captain Scarlet was one of my favourite shows growing up (The re-runs were on the Beeb at the time) and as soon as I saw this I had to buy it. This is a 3:1 scaled up version of from the puppet scale pistol and whilst actually fairly ergonomic its pretty darn huge, its definitely going to be the largest pistol in my collection for the time being.

First of all I have to say these are some of the cleanest cast pieces of resin I've ever seen, the only place there were any surface bubbles was on the back of the grip and they're so minor I can't even a clean photograph of them.

20160822_194732b.jpg
The kit came in this rather lovely plastic box. Unfortunately it wont be large enough to store the finished prop in but I'm sure I can re-purpose it for something.

20160822_193459b.jpg
Test fit of all of the kit minus the trigger. The parts only needed the most minimal sanding to fit perfectly.

I'm planning on painting this up to be Captain Black's pistol, each Spectrum officer's pistol had the top 'stripe' rather fetchingly colour coded to their uniform. I think a nice gloss black will look nice and striking.

Small update. Got the glue out and actually stuck this thing together.

20160824_134640.jpg

Construction was a breeze. All parts fitted perfectly with only very minimal sanding.

20160824_134709.jpg

The more I handle it the more I realise this is a real handcannon. Definitely would want a gun this huge if I were taking on the Mysterons! Here's a comparision picture with a cheap BB gun glock that's for a future project.

20160824_134727[1].jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back