first build - R2D2

hugewino

Hi guys
Been viewing the forum for a while now. Love it!
Last night I finished putting together my first ever painted model. It was the bandai 1/12 artoo. Really nice build. I used an airbrush with tamiya flat white, flat blue and some vallejo metal air duraluminium for the metal parts and copper for the cables on the feet. It's had a few light coats of future and now ready for weathering. Really happy how he's turning out!
Have a quick look. Any tips for weathering would be much appreciated. I've got the tamiya weathering master c kit and some vellajo grey wash that I was thinking of using.
Cheers
Hugh

Hugh Guthrie

r2d2daft.JPG
r2d2.JPG

r2d2.JPG

r2d2daft.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I see an R2 with a painted dome I regret not doing that first thing with my build.
I used a mix of black/gold/red wash for my weathering - built it up in layers of wash, wipe, wash, wipe, etc., until it was "dirty" enough for my liking. Some spots had too much and I rubbed the excess off where I though it would benefit (it was my first time weathering too)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back