First Diorama Build - Rocky Planet Surface

CosmicQuest

Hey all!
I am starting my first diorama build. This is in the same "universe" as my scratch-built ship model. The idea is this is the first planet the crew goes to and lands on the rocky surface to explore and possibly find new minerals or metals for future use by humanity.
Making this is definitely a learning experience and I look forward to using what I'm learning on this one for future builds in the same universe :).

Anything can be used as weight to keep the foam pressed together while the glue dries, lol.
20240125_192250.jpg

The first layer of sculpt-a-mold before adding the plaster casted rocks
20240127_201433.jpg

Plaster rocks are in place with sculpt-a-mold worked into the cracks.
20240128_194319.jpg

The shuttle craft was created in Tinkercad with some bits digitally kit bashed from objects from Thingiverse. The basic shuttle was created from a hand drawing I did. The small probe was also created in Tinkercad. There is a small hatch on the side of my previous scratch-build that these probes launch from. I like to think this probe found something interesting that caused the shuttle crew to want to land in this spot to check into it further.
20240128_221514.jpg

Now with some color added
20240204_112905.jpg

More rocks and filler with the unpainted probe and shuttle for looks
20240204_162846.jpg

Shuttle, probe and astronauts that will be on the planet surface have their first coat of white base on them. They will be detail painted and weathered to match the dirty atmosphere of this planet surface.
20240205_082744.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back