Batman: The Killing Joke - In theaters July 25th one night only

Really looking forward to this... Wish they had stepped up the animation - I don't care if they were trying to match the artistic style, I'm talking movement and timing... All their animated stuff lacks in that area...

THAT said, I'm glad they stepped up and did the story I thought they would never touch.

Really looking forward to this... Wish they had stepped up the animation - I don't care if they were trying to match the artistic style, I'm talking movement and timing... All their animated stuff lacks in that area...

THANK YOU! I think the same thing but I get jumped on for saying it because everyone seems to love these things. It's also not just the timing and movement but the color palettes that also kill it for me. In all of their animated features past Mask of the Phantasm, they all have a terrible read. If it weren't for the line work, the colors for the background and characters would just melt together.

DC's animation stuff hasn't been that good since the Justice League show went off, the Tim Bruce style fit the stories. I'm glad they got the best actors for Batman and Joker, honestly they're the only two who should be allowed to voice them in games and animation.

THANK YOU! I think the same thing but I get jumped on for saying it because everyone seems to love these things. It's also not just the timing and movement but the color palettes that also kill it for me. In all of their animated features past Mask of the Phantasm, they all have a terrible read. If it weren't for the line work, the colors for the background and characters would just melt together.

The problem is lack of inbetweens, strong poses, and timing... it's stiff and lifeless.

You can still do limited animation with dropped frames and have it look good - still hit those key poses if they wanted to.

So apparently, details regarding Barbara's extended back story have been released. More specifically, this gif.

theyliedtousthatswhatidontlike_zps6s3uba2s.gif

This... wasn't... in... the... book... IT WASN'T IN THE BOOK! WHY DID YOU- Wait, of course I know why you did it. It's to give Batman more of a stake in this story when he inevitably confront the Jo-

Forget it. Screw this movie.

Makes me miss the 90s/Justice League style animation. I'll get it used on DvD since it has Conroy and Hamill in it.

I was pretty stoked for this when I first about it, and that Timm, Hamill, and Conroy would be behind it.
Then I saw the animation and my heart sank. "Killing Joke" deserves better than the Saturday-morning-cartoon treatment.

So apparently, details regarding Barbara's extended back story have been released. More specifically, this gif.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/lordJeyl/theyliedtousthatswhatidontlike_zps6s3uba2s.gif

This... wasn't... in... the... book... IT WASN'T IN THE BOOK! WHY DID YOU- Wait, of course I know why you did it. It's to give Batman more of a stake in this story when he inevitably confront the Jo-

Forget it. Screw this movie.

Timm already dealt his hand when he tackled this subject similarly 20 years ago.

Ufa843.gif

They hinted at barb wanting to jump bats in the old series (after they made it more kid friendly by the way) and that why her and Dick Grayson didn't stay together

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back