Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster

Ok so basically the A300 is an assault rifle? Are there differences between that and casians sniper rifle variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely consider this to be the equivalent to the M-4 series rifles that we currently use in the U.S. Army. Not because of the origin parts used, but because of the modular capabilities it has. Each individual can configure the rifle to his or her specifications just like we do in the military. Of course, in our case, the individual Soldier is limited to the changes they can make, but we were allowed to add our personal preferences regarding sights, lights, grips, stocks, and paint schemes. Other units allowed even more freedom for each Soldier to make more changes upon approval with their command.
One could argue that a Rebel Soldier might "modify" their own rifle for similar reasons.

BlasTech_Comparison.jpg
Ok so basically the A300 is an assault rifle? Are there differences between that and casians sniper rifle variant?

Here is what I can tell using only information from the Ultimate Visual guide, Rogue One, and Wookiepedia.
Cassian has an A280-CFE. It is modular and easily field stripped to be a hand blaster, assault rifle, or sniper.
The A-300 physically looks exactly like Cassian's rifle, but it is not designed to be field modular.
The A-300 sniper variant has an added barrel shroud and an extra or different piece above the forward hand grip to help connect the shroud.
Other rebels carry variants or duplicates of Cassian's weapon in the movie and are shown in the Visual guide and other media, but they are not called out as being a specific model number.

View attachment 693555

Here is what I can tell using only information from the Ultimate Visual guide, Rogue One, and Wookiepedia.
Cassian has an A280-CFE. It is modular and easily field stripped to be a hand blaster, assault rifle, or sniper.
The A-300 physically looks exactly like Cassian's rifle, but it is not designed to be field modular.
The A-300 sniper variant has an added barrel shroud and an extra or different piece above the forward hand grip to help connect the shroud.
Other rebels carry variants or duplicates of Cassian's weapon in the movie and are shown in the Visual guide and other media, but they are not called out as being a specific model number.

Awesome thanks for clearing it up. Now to figure out all the bits and pieces...

There was a toy M16 in the 60s that could be broken down from an assault rifle, to a carbine, down to a pistol. That is what this reminds me of. That and the U.N.C.L.E. Special.

David.

View attachment 644497
It looks like Rogue one is making their guns from the parts of real guns - and I think it's really cool they are going back to that. Part of this gun looks like it was made from the lower of an AR15. Does it look like that to anyone else?

It's stripped down Cybergun M4/AR15 airsoft. It looks exactly the same, especially the slide-in socket for the sliding stock.

It's stripped down Cybergun M4/AR15 airsoft. It looks exactly the same, especially the slide-in socket for the sliding stock.

Does it have a slide on stock? The ones I have found are screw on to a cylinder and or have a cylinder protruding into the stock.

Do you have a link?

kind of in that 85% scale ballpark?

I've just repainted the full rifle version and was curious how it would compare.

The body of the 1 to 1 is 200mm long and the body of the Nerf pistol is 165mm long measuring the same spots. So I'd say it is 82% scale. So yeah, About 85%.

I've just now gotten around to checking out the Cassian blaster on display at DHS Launch Bay, and I'm not sure if it had been pointed out but the rifle has those snap/press in swivel sling mounts on the left/non-ejection side of the receiver. Also had to come home and repaint my Nerf rifle, I had mine much more dominantly silver, while the one on display has more black. Overall it's a pretty varied paint job, and all the blasters seem to vary from one appearance to the next

I've just now gotten around to checking out the Cassian blaster on display at DHS Launch Bay, and I'm not sure if it had been pointed out but the rifle has those snap/press in swivel sling mounts on the left/non-ejection side of the receiver. Also had to come home and repaint my Nerf rifle, I had mine much more dominantly silver, while the one on display has more black. Overall it's a pretty varied paint job, and all the blasters seem to vary from one appearance to the next

That has not been brought up, but it is obviously on the blaster and that is how they connect straps to it.
RPF_Stud_01.jpgRPF_Stud_02.jpg

Based on side view pics, I was about to just put a bolt head there, but thanks for the reminder. Ordered some swivel studs for that part now.
Also did you take any pics from DHS Launch bay? Post!!!!!!!

FYI, there are different paint schemes for his blaster. I recently re-watched the movie and when in Jedha there is a scene of him with his blaster up in the air and the majority of the front is bright silver paint. Later they are darker and weathered down.

Personally i think that Cassian does not have a personal side arm that he favors. He just takes whatever fire arm is at hand when he goes out on a mission.

Ah figured it wasn't some new revelation, but it was the first time I had really taken note of it when I saw it in person. I've got some pictures but they were fairly hasty, we were trying to get to Rockin Rollercoaster and I could feel my wife's attention span waning. I will post them once I get them uploaded though, for the sake of covering anything that may have been missed. I'm sure I will swing by there again in the near future. Really wish they had Jyn's blaster though

Personally i think that Cassian does not have a personal side arm that he favors. He just takes whatever fire arm is at hand when he goes out on a mission.

that would make sense, seeing as he is official Alliance personnel, likely to get his weapons from an armorer before various missions. I've since come to terms with the fact that my Nerf blaster isn't accurate in sculpt/scale anyway, so the variation in its paint job isn't a big deal either. Every blaster would wear differently anyway really.

I've since come to terms with the fact that my Nerf blaster isn't accurate in sculpt/scale anyway, so the variation in its paint job isn't a big deal either. Every blaster would wear differently anyway really.

There are all different forms of prop making. Nerf repaints are popular and fun to do. (and at least you are not repainting a Maveric nerf gun. Every Steampunk person with a can of copper spray paint has done that one.) Anyway hope you do get a chance to get some more pics. Heck, I'm half thinking of taking a vacation to Orlando just to get some pics =]

For anyone looking for the side pieces, I'm pretty sure i have the right type of bit. They are adapters for plastic tubing found in hardware stores. I found mine at menards. They are 1/4 adapters and look to be just a little too big maybe. They normally come in brass, but i picked up the nylon ones because I thought they would be easier to cut.

RPF_11A.jpgRPF_11B.jpgRPF_11C.jpg

UPDATE: These are not exactly the correct parts. If you are looking for a nice costume piece from far away, it will work just fine. If you are looking to exactly duplicate the movie prop, then read on through this thread.

Last edited:
no problem, happy to help in gathering as much reference as possible! The paint on this blaster really is an enigma for me, and photographs differently ever time

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back