Profiles in History Hollywood Auction starts today, June 29th

Just a heads up for members:

Profiles in History's Hollywood Auction 83 starts today, June 29th, and runs until Friday July 1st. Today has mostly rare posters, photos, scripts, autographed items and ephemera. Thursday and Friday features props, costumes, animation and more.

The Star Trek TOS shirts in the auction are stolen, though. They belong to James Cawley, producer of "Star Trek:New Voyages" fan film series. He has photographic proof, but Profiles is ignoring him.

Wow thats quite a claim. Has he written about this anywhere?
On his Facebook page. He's posted the story, and pics, over the last week or so. I can't access FB from here at work, or I'd give you links, but you can find it easily enough. The first post is June 27th.

In 2002, Owen Riley agreed to purchase 2 Screen used Trek costumes from me. I shipped them to him in good faith and he never paid me! He stole the costumes from me. I was not in a good fiancial postion back then and I had no means to chase him thru the courts and across state lines. He is now currently trying to sell both stolen costumes thru Profiles in History, lot number 1518 and 1525. I am posting photos of me with my costumes, if you enlarge the photo of me with the Gold "Crewmen Green" tunic, you can read the #13 in the tag, and in my letter I clearly identify to Mr. Riley "The Court Reporter" tunic! PLEASE , I am now asking my fellow fans to help me recover these items contact Brian@profilesinhistory.com and tell them not to sell the items and help return them to the rightful owner. Photos can be found below in the comments.

Also, the insignia on the command shirt is a sown-on patch from "New Voyages", not the original patch from the sixties.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I have taken care of this for James and the two items are being pulled from the auction. As a fellow collector and lawyer, if anyone ever has a problem in this area, please do not hesitate to call me. I am always willing to provide legal help to fellow collectors.

Criminal complaints have been lodged in all states against the original thief and seller to Profiles in History. I commend Brian and Joe at Profiles in History for taking swift action in protecting the items and not facilitating to sale of stolen property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Star Trek TOS shirts in the auction are stolen, though. They belong to James Cawley, producer of "Star Trek:New Voyages" fan film series. He has photographic proof, but Profiles is ignoring him.

I messaged Joe at PIH about this a few days ago after hearing about this from a friend who read about it on some forum. I am sure they will take care of it once they receive the police report that I am sure James filed.

Sorry. Just saw the post above by the Pawn.

Either way, PIH did the right thing after receiving James concerns and documentation, which of course is always necessary before any auction house can act on claims made by third parties. Glad it worked out :) .

* I wanted to add that I have no idea whether James or the consignor is right in all this. It's best to let the facts and documentation presented by both sides in a court of law to decide that.

Last edited:
I got the Apocalypse Now Death Card.

I have been wanting one of these since I saw the movie when it came out so I was surprise when I saw it available in the auction.

H3257-L96342709.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back