Looking for PDF catalogs of profiles in history

ghost3543

Hi guys I'm looking for some old catalog PDF's from Profiles in History. I'm specifically looking for:

Profiles in History: December 17-18 2010
Profiles in History: Hollywood Auction 37 2009
Profiles in History: Auction 36 The Forrest J Ackerman Estate May 2009
Profiles in History: Hollywood Auction 33 December 2008

Thanks!

Heritage has absorbed Profiles' catalogs into their system. If you know of an item from one of those sales and can find it on Heritage's site, you should be able to open up the rest of the sale. Not as convenient as a PDF, but a resource nonetheless.

I put them all up on the Web Archive:

I'll add all the others I have shortly...

I put them all up on the Web Archive:

I'll add all the others I have shortly...
Wow! Thank you SO much! This is incredibly helpful i really appreciate it!!!

I added the auction results as an Excel doc to #33 and 36 if you want to see winning bids...
I don't have the results for 37 and 43 unfortunately...
I've also uploaded catalogs 22-26. Still going!
The oldest one I have is 17, I don't think they offered PDFs for the ones before that, but if anyone has them and wants me to include them in the Archive, let me know!

I added the auction results as an Excel doc to #33 and 36 if you want to see winning bids...
The oldest one I have is 17, I don't think they offered PDFs for the ones before that, but if anyone has them and wants me to include them in the Archive, let me know!
I probably have the results for 37 and 43. I'll check.
Catalogs 1-16 were print only, thus there are no pdf's of those.

Thank you!

I probably have the results for 37 and 43. I'll check.
Catalogs 1-16 were print only, thus there are no pdf's of those.
Thanks a lot for the results on those two, I've now added them to archive listing...
Do you happen to know what lot 874.5 in Auction 37 was? Seems it was something added after the catalog was printed...

Also, do you know if there was an Auction 15? These are the dates I have for #1-16 (Assuming I got the two Star Trek ones correct), but I can't find any information Auction15... The Patsy Cline auction doesn't have a number that I could find, but the date doesn't work anyway... And there's only 3 months between 14 and 16.

Auction01_1995-10-08
Auction02_1996-06-01and2
Auction03_1997-05-18
Auction04_1998-02-28_thru_1998-03-01
Auction05_1998-12-12
Auction06_1999-06-26
Auction07_2000-03-12
Auction08_2000-12-16
Auction09_2001-07-28
Auction10_StarTrek1_ MattJeffries_2001-12-21
Auction11_2002_04
Auction12_StarTrek2_BobJustman_2002-06-27
Auction13_2002-12-17
Auction_2002-12-19_PatsyCline
Auction14_2003-04-26
Auction16_2003-07-31

17-21 and 27 are now up... :)
Many of the newer ones are already there as well from other users (2010 forward), but I'll see if I can fill in the gaps...

I can't seem to find any trace of auction 37 online on any of the auctionsites. So I don't know what that extra lot was.

I don't have #15. If there is one it wasn't props I believe. I can check on a compilation disk I have. I will let you know.

Hi guys.

Auction #15 dated May 17, 2003 was about comic book art.

pih.jpeg

Do you happen to know what lot 874.5 in Auction 37 was? Seems it was something added after the catalog was printed...

Are you sure about this one? On iCollector there was nothing between lots 874 and 875:

874.jpeg

Yeah, I was just basing that on the results... I was surprised that most of the past PIH auctions seem to be removed from both iCollector and LiveAuctioneers... They appear to still be on LiveAuctioneers, but not searchable. I bid on one auction through them, and I can find the auction through my purchase history, it's all still there, you just can't find it by searching past results or for PIH as an auction house... Weird...

It's possible that 874.5 was something that couldn't be sold online... I feel like that happened once in a while, like a live-fire gun, or something that looked like drugs or something that the online auction houses wouldn't allow at the time... (But the results list shows it sold for $15,000, so it something significant...)

I might have attended the auction in person, if I can find my notes in storage I might have written down what it was...

This is helpful to find the PIH catalogues on the Archive, all at Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine. I'm going to go through my collection of past PDFs and upload any that could fill specific auction gaps. (There are a couple I found on my backup that aren't in the Archive and not easily found on the web today.) It'd be nice to find a complete archive of the PDFs hosted on Heritage's site, didn't know that individual past PIH items had moved over to their database.

Does anyone have Hollywood Auction 32 - Catalog July August 2008?
Yeah, I'll get them all up. Working backwards, stopped at 30 so far. So 31 and 32 are next, and then filling in the gaps from what other people have uploaded in the past.
I also might try scanning the first 16 as I get the catalogs and see if I can get them up as well... I have Auction 2 on it's way, I'll see how easily I can scan it... :)

Hopefully if you select 'Profiles in History' just under the title of any of them you will get a list of all the catalogs, in order if you sort by date. Granted, that requires the uploader to have entered PIH as the creator, but most of them are...

I'll get the Black Sparrow and Propworx catalogs up too...

Okay, I've uploaded all the movie prop catalogs I have up to #50 (skipping the ones people had already uploaded).
I seem to be missing #42 (with the Knight Rider car on the cover), if someone can send me that, I can upload it (or feel free to upload to the archive if you want). (But if it doesn't have the cover, send it to me so I can add that. They look better that way... :) )

31 and 32 are up, as well as 40, 41 (the Lost auction) and 50 (The Dreier Collection Part 1).
Hunger Games I and II are up, as well as the Once Upon a Time auction... (Even though that one you can still find on Heritage...)

Last edited:
Okay, I've uploaded all the movie prop catalogs I have up to #50 (skipping the ones people had already uploaded).
I seem to be missing #42 (with the Knight Rider car on the cover), if someone can send me that, I can upload it (or feel free to upload to the archive if you want). (But if it doesn't have the cover, send it to me so I can add that. They look better that way... :) )

31 and 32 are up, as well as 40, 41 (the Lost auction) and 50 (The Dreier Collection Part 1).
Hunger Games I and II are up, as well as the Once Upon a Time auction... (Even though that one you can still find on Heritage...)
I've send you the files for #42

What a valuable resource. Thank you so much for these.

Would you mind if I link to some pages from some of the catalogues in another thread?

Last edited:
Does anyone have:
Hollywood Auction 38- December 16, 2009
Auction 14 April 26, 2003
Auction 16 July 31, 2003 (i know the last two auctions were in print so might not be any record online)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back