Julien's Auctions: Big TV & movie props & costumes auction

Riceball

Master Member
This should be of interest to those of you who collect props & costumes and have a bit of cash to spare. Julien's Auctions has a big upcoming auction of props, costumes, and memorabilia from a whole bunch of different shows and movies including Logan's Run, Blade Runner, Star Wars, and others. Some of the stuff, I suspect, might be repros, but I'm not sure, But it's definitely worth checking out.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a legitimate auction house? Some of these listings look highly suspect to me. The stunt blaster "PKD" for Blade Runner 2049 look completely different than any version I've ever seen and..."includes a DVD of the film"?? WHAT?

Wow, Buyer's Premium of 30%! (27 + 3% 'online fee') Holy crap... Is that now the highest BP of any auction house? I remember when 10-15 was normal, and I haven't been in this hobby all that long. :)
(Just 27% if you bid in person I guess (if that's even an option?), but who does that...)
And sales tax on top of that for most people...

It's getting to the point where you have to decide what you want to pay for an item, then you can only bid half that during the auction itself...

Wow, Buyer's Premium of 30%! (27 + 3% 'online fee') Holy crap... Is that now the highest BP of any auction house? I remember when 10-15 was normal, and I haven't been in this hobby all that long. :)
(Just 27% if you bid in person I guess (if that's even an option?), but who does that...)
And sales tax on top of that for most people...

It's getting to the point where you have to decide what you want to pay for an item, then you can only bid half that during the auction itself...
Bidding in person is 4.5 percent. No. I’m not kidding. It’s become a joke. Think debord would know better.

Kinda a slap to collectors faces these ridiculous fees.

I miss the days of 15%. Sigh.

Why not just come out and say the premium is 30%, since there is no option without the 3% "online service fee"?

And why is bidding in person *more*? I've never heard of such a thing. (not that I travel to bid in person, but still...)

Then sales tax pushes the total to close to 35-40%.

Auctions really have really been unaffordable this year with the premiums increasing again.

Yes, that is if you are in the US, now imagine you are in Europe! Crazy shipping costs, 30% premium, then 20% taxes when it shows up here. They are going to add the premium to the actual cost when declaring the value, so when you calculate the total, you would pay 56% of fees. With some chance there will be a customs fees on top of the VAT, it never ends... And that's for France, a few countries in Europe have even higher VAT. That's... Hardcore

Last edited:
I want that Robot!!!!

When I was about 9 I figured out what syndication was and that they werent making new "Lost in Space" Episodes so I reasoned they didn't need the robot anymore. I then got out the phonebook & called the local UHF station I watched on.

Got a receptionist & asked if I could buy the robot, She put me on hold a few minutes & came back to tell me they had just melted him down!

Yes, that is if you are in the US, now imagine you are in Europe! Crazy shipping costs, 30% premium, then 20% taxes when it shows up here. They are going to add the premium to the actual cost when declaring the value, so when you calculate the total, you would pay 56% of fees. With some chance there will be a customs fees on top of the VAT, it never ends... And that's for France, a few countries in Europe have even higher VAT. That's... Hardcore
I have an idea about how that feels. The propstore london auction was 25% premium + 22% exchange rate + 5-9% sales tax (depending on the state). Plus sometimes there can be a duty fee for certain things when it enters the country--for me, it's usually been somewhere around $30-$150 when it does get issued.

I've been leaving empty handed from auctions more and more. In years past I used to clean up with a couple dozen lots. Oh well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back