Friday 13th Jason costume info

ob1al

Sr Member
I've been revisiting the Friday 13th series and as I have a costume party to attend in around 4 weeks, want to make a decent Jason costume for myself.

I already have a good part 6 fiberglass hock.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the rest of the outfit? I'd much rather buy close enough 'real world' clothes and weather them than use the Rubies rubbish.

Not too concerned at this point about 100% screen accuracy - but the more accurate the better, of course.

Having said that, I am considering using a Rubies Jason machete - cheap and cheerful and better still, I won't slice anyone's arm off with it or be busted by the cops on the night...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Al

I used clothes from a company that was in the running with dickies, I can't remember the name of them at the moment but I found their colors to be closer than dickies, I often found them at sears. As for the rotten part of him you can usually find chest peices and what not on ebay that'd do just fine.

I think his pants were green too but not sure, I haven't seen the movie in forever. I wouldn't do the belt that he picked up from the people playing paintball tho.

I weathered my clothes by randoomly cutting at them, kicking them around my driveway and dragging them thru sand and dirt, maybe a little bit of mud. then myst black and brown spray paint over them.

I believe the pants were a light grey, weathered very heavily... He was buried in the clothes he was wearing in pt 4, so check that movie for refference

I have a complete film-accurate Part 4 costume for sale...

HAUN2914CustomImage7271140.jpg

Includes the flesh hood with axe mark, film-accurate hockey mask, film-accurate work shirt and pants, and a replica metal blood-splattered machete with no sharp edges...$250.00.

Here's some more pics...

Final Chapter 1
Final Chapter 2
Final Chapter 3
Final Chapter 4
Final Chapter 5
Final Chapter 6

(In case anyone's interested...)

ive been wqondering the same thing, i just bought a FvsJ hock and hood from FOD and have been wanting to finish the costume, i anyone knows what kind of jacket that is i would love them forever

Hey Stormer, I've heard that a guy called 'ZombieBloodLust' on the Night Owl Productions forums makes replicas for around $100. I don't know anything about the accuracy of the jacket or rep of the seller, but it might be worth checking over there.

No problem, hope you manage to score a jacket.

I've found a really great reference book called 'Crystal Lake Memories' .

I found my copy by chance in my local Borders for £35. It's a fairly comprehensive source for all things FTF, well worth the price tag with some good reference shots of props, costumes etc. from all the Friday films and Freddy versus Jason.

Last edited:
Hey all, I bought Bounty Haunters costume parts (thanks mate) - here are a few snaps of me in the screen accurate Jason part IV costume:

008qg7.jpg

005uj0.jpg

006zq2.jpg

I plan to dirty up the clothes a bit and design a make-up for my hands, but I'm chuffed with how it's looking so far. :)

Al

Looks good. Is that padding around the shoulders? if so you nailed it. If I may make one suggestion though: put some black around the eyes so it will bring out the mask more. Jason really didn't showed his eyes unless he was getting chopped up buy a Boat or made contact with electricity or when he was spotted while making a kill. :lol C

Thanks!

No padding in the costume yet - after trying it out, I thought maybe I wouldn't need it after all.

Good tip with the eyes, I'll do that.:thumbsup

I LIKE IT!!! You really nailed the Part 6 look. I put black screen mesh over my eye holes to hide my eyes.

Not to hijack, but just thought I'd share my Part 7 costume as well. With the boots and mask on I stand 6 foot 5 inches in this...

Jason2005Collage.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back