Cbstudios

Sr Member
Well, Its already Friday the 13th here in the land down undah, so I figured this was a great time to share a small (time wise) build that I did a few months back.
I'm a giant fan of the Friday the 13th Series, and while sorting through some busted timber pallets leftover from my halloween build last year, I figured I should make the crystal lake sign. I threw together some rough measurements, and ripped down the timber. Everything except for the "Camp Crystal Lake" letters is busted old pallets, I went for something a little custom on those letters, and had my friend laser cut them so the sign had some dimensionality. They're glued and nailed, so hopefully over time, they develop some rust and natural aging.
IMG-8459.jpgIMG-8464.jpgIMG-8466.jpgIMG-8467.jpg

I intentionally went a bit rough for this sign. I wanted the visible panel seams, but I wanted the sign to look bright and fresh. My thinking was that this was the OG sign from 1980, but after over 40 years in the rain and weather it had split and warped, but every year got a fresh coat of paint for summer. This was all hand painted in acrylic paints, with the additional lettering done with vinyl stencils. I also chemically aged some eye bolts and mounted them in the top.

IMG-8468.jpgIMG-8469.jpgIMG-8472.jpgIMG-8473.jpgIMG-8492.jpg

And the finished product. This will be hanging outside in the Aussie sun, wind and rain for hopefully years to come.
IMG-8506.jpgE7560603-8C59-49BE-BDC0-F16560F950AE.JPG

D25EED6C-8287-4A31-B6C2-7EEB158D7123.JPG Mine on top, Original on the bottom.

This is awesome! I've always wanted to make a full sized Crystal Lake sign for my F13th display but I've been discouraged by the thought of hand painting the lake landscape at the bottom. Maybe someday I can channel my inner Bob Ross...

This is awesome! I've always wanted to make a full sized Crystal Lake sign for my F13th display but I've been discouraged by the thought of hand painting the lake landscape at the bottom. Maybe someday I can channel my inner Bob Ross...
Honestly, the landscape didn't suck as much as I thought it would. I absolutely was saying "Happy little trees" to myself as I was doing it though. I put a movie on in the background and it was over before I knew it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back