Done / Completed Graflex 2.0 Razor Blade plugs

UPDATE 5/28/2016:

I am not taking any further orders on this run until after I check some things out with the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. This does NOT affect my other run of 1" dia. Graflex blade plugs, only this run. I should have more info on this late next week. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause those wanting to place an order. Thanks,

ARKM.

From what I've heard, there are workarounds for most of the GOTH 3D printed chassis. There are a few posts in the following link that explain those workarounds... http://www.imperialroyalarms.com/thread/5979/g3d-chassis-thread-graflex-saber?page=5

However if you have a 7/8" dia. LED/heat sink module from TCSS, you may need to get a different one from another vendor as the TCSS one is .880" in dia., not .874" like (IMHO) it should be. There's one or two out there that sell 7/8" dia. heat sinks. I just can't remember who they are, lol.

Last edited:
Ok so I got my two Graflex 2.0s today along with two TCSS 7/8" dia. LED/heat sink modules. As it turns out, both of the TCSS 7/8" dia. LED/heat sink modules are .881" in dia., not .880". Both are a very tight fit but can be forced into the blade holders. This would tend to indicate that the main bore of the blade holder is also .881" in diameter (down from .883"). I made a .880" and a .879" dia. ring from aluminum to test this. Both fit via in the blade holders via gravity but the .880" dia. one can get stuck here and there.

There are ways to get the TCSS LED/heat sink module to fit properly. One way to do this is to do what I did today. That being to use files and foam backed sandpaper. With about 5 to 10 minutes of filing and sanding, you can get the LED/heat sink module down to .879" in dia. which fits nicely. I did this using two files (one coarse and one fine) and two different grades of foam-backed sandpaper (one coarse and one fine). Instead of holding the files and sandpaper in my hand when working on the LED/heat sink module, instead I lay the files and sandpaper on a flat surface and hold the LED/heat sink module in my hand and rub it against the files and sandpaper while slowly rotating the LED/heat sink module.

G_2.01-03.jpg~original

G_2.01-04.jpg~original

It looks a little rough when done but I'm guessing that this will not be of a concern to most.

G_2.01-05.jpg~original

I could have used my lathe, belt sander or grinder to get this done faster but I wanted to show that it can be done with just files, sandpaper and a little bit of elbow grease.

The bottom 1/2" of the blade holder is bored out to a dia. of about 1.026" to accommodate a TCSS MHSv2 LED/heat sink module.

G_2.01-01.jpg~original

G_2.01-02.jpg~original

It would also appear that the threaded ends of the 4 brass pins have been cut shorter so that they no longer protrude into the blade socket.

I guess that there are a few other changes as well that affect the installation of the G.O.T.H. 3Designs 3D printed chassis for the Graflex 2.0 but since I have never had an earlier version of a Graflex 2.0 in my hands, all I have to go on is what someone else posted over at another forum. Please note that the following was NOT posted by the designer of said 3D printed chassis...

"The changes have been detrimental to the padawan chassis more than the knight chassis...however, they are still somewhat fixable and useable...so if you have a knight or padawan chassis, don't fret! there maybe a solution...

***For the padawan...if you bought a padawan, it should have come with a separate 3D printed template to mark holes for drilling on to the grenade section...I believe that if you now use that template and bolt it to the grenade section, it will give you the wider surface you need to now bolt the padawan chassis to it! but of course there may be side wall clearance issues but that may be fixed with a little dremmeling!

***As for the knight chassis, you can always place the retention bolt higher (closer to the top) than it was intended...so that you can take advantage of the wider internal diameter of the grenade section located around 12mm from the base of the grenade section...or you can measure out a piece of polycarbonate tube to fill in that 12mm recessed wall at the base and now you should have the original space needed to bolt the knight chassis to in its original recommended location."

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll file the heat sink down when I get it. Maybe I can attach it to my drill press so I don't need to use as much elbow grease.

UPDATE 6/6/2016:

I called the anodizer today and they stated that my parts should (should being the key word) ship out tomorrow so hopefully I will have them on or before Friday. I will post an update once they have arrived.

I am still not taking any any more orders for the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plug. More news on that will be forthcoming once I have my parts back from the anodizer. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
URGENT! IMPORTANT UPDATE 6/9/2016. PLEASE READ:

Hi all. I got the anodized rings and I must say, they look great.

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Anodized_Rings.jpg

You may notice that there is only about 49 of the 100 rings in that pic. That is because I contacted the anodizer on May 31st and told him to only anodize 50 of the 100 rings for this run (the remaining anodized ring will be shown in a bit). The reason why I only had 50 of the 100 rings anodized is because I was pretty sure that those rings would not fit in the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. Sadly, I was right. I machined the larger of the two outer diameters of those rings at .881" which is the exact same diameter of the blade socket on the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. This makes for a tight fit. What does this mean to you? First, I need to hear back from EVERYONE who placed an order in this run on whether or not you have one of the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. I will not ship your blade plug/s to you until I have heard from you! To be sure you get this message, I will send this same update via PM. If you have an older Graflex 2.0 then I will ship your blade plug/s A.S.A.P. However if you have one of the latest versions then you have a few options...

NOTE: The following is ONLY for those that placed a blade plug order AND have a Graflex 2.0 from the latest batch...

First, determine if you have one of the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. To do this, look at the bottom of the blade holder. If the bottom 1/2" of the blade socket has a larger inner diameter that the rest of the blade socket, you have one of the latest Graflex 2.0s. The new ones look like this...

G_2.01-02.5.jpg

If you have one of these latest Graflex 2.0s, please read the following options...

Option 1. I can lathe down the ring to fit in the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s, assemble your blade plug and ship it. However this means that the area that I lathe down will not be anodized black. You may be asking "How will this look when installed?". Well, that depends on how you choose to install it. There is a small inner bevel on the top of the blade socket. If you insert the blade plug flush with the top of the blade holder instead of where the bevel "starts", you will see a slight "silver" edge on the ring. The pics below demonstrate this. One pic shows what the ring looks like after it has been lathed to a very slightly smaller diameter (the bottom half of the ring is still anodized black as it is a smaller diameter than the top half). The other shows the blade socket bevel (that I highlighted in green) as well as the anodized ring that has been lathed smaller in diameter to fit properly, sitting flush with the top of the blade holder...

s_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-01.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-02.jpg

However if you insert the blade plug to where the inner bevel starts, it looks great...

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-03.jpg

There will be no shipping delay if you choose Option 1.

Option 2. If you choose this option, you can wait until I lathe, sand and repolish the other 50 non-anodized rings, and have them anodized. This will most likely end up being a 3 to 4 week delay. Even if no one chooses this option, I still have to lathe those non-anodized rings and ship them off to be anodized for future blade plug orders.

Option 3. You can cancel your order for a complete refund.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

What does this mean for anyone who has not placed an order but wants to? Sadly it means that I will not be taking any more orders for the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plug until I have the remaining 50 rings, lathed, anodized and returned to me. Once again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Ok, enough of that negative bantha poodoo. On to the good stuff. Here's where I'm at on getting stuff done for the Graflex 2.0 Razor Blade Plug... I have most of the
parts done to complete all of my orders for this version of the Graflex Razor blade plug. The shaver heads that need to be painted have been and I also have all the aluminum bulb contact pins polished and soaking in acetone to remove all polishing compound. However I still need to polish the brass bulb contact pins and soak them as well. I also still need to make 29 of the diffusers and 29 polycarbonate tubes.

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-10.jpg

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-11.jpg

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-12.jpg

I will start shipping this Monday. Now would be a good time for any that have not paid me yet to pay me. Once again, thank you for your patience. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was interested in getting 3 for the older run of 2.0s. It looks like there is a lot to sort out right now, but if any are available down the line id love to snag them!

I was interested in getting 3 for the older run of 2.0s. It looks like there is a lot to sort out right now, but if any are available down the line id love to snag them!

Copy that. I have a text file interest list on my 'puter. I'll add you to the list and notify you when I am ready to take orders again. Thanks.

A few orders for this run have shipped. The original post has been edited to reflect this and tracking numbers have been sent out. Thanks all. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back