Done / Completed Graflex 2.0 Razor Blade plugs

ARKM

Sr Member
UPDATE March 14th, 2017:

This run is over. Thanks to all for their business. I appreciate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.

This is a limited run thread for a new style of Razor blade plug that is specifically for the Parks Sabers/ Korbanth Graflex 2.0. I also have a separate limited run thread for this same style of blade plug for blade holders that take 1" blades. Here's the link for that thread... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259918

This blade plug is designed specifically for the Parks Sabers/Korbanth Graflex 2.0 and might NOT fit any other blade holder/saber in existence. It might not even fit in other Park Sabers/Korbanth hilts that take 7/8" blades. This is because the blade socket of that stock Graflex 2.0 blade holder is actually slightly larger than 7/8" in diameter and I machine these particular blade plugs to fit that blade holder properly.

I designed this blade plug to look like the actual top of a Graflex flash unit, only with a shaver head incorporated into it. This means that it actually has the proper convex shape going from the top down into the center.

This will be a limited run of 100 blade plugs.

The blade plugs shown below have the metal ring that sits around the shaver head, painted semi-gloss black. However the final versions will be anodized black (after polishing them super shiny).

The metal ring that sits around the shaver head has two different diameters. The top part has the proper diameter to fit the Graflex 2.0 blade socket just right (which is a hair over 7/8" in diameter) and the bottom part has a diameter that is smaller. The metal ring has to be made this way to be able to allow the bottom part of the metal ring to be able to slide past the threaded part of the four brass Graflex pins (which unfortunately on at least some of the older Graflex 2.0 sabers, protrude into the blade socket by a few thousands of an inch). As such, these blade plugs are designed to be inserted flush with the top of the blade holder and should NEVER be inserted past flush as that could damage the blade plug.

The blade plugs will be 1-1/8" (1.125") long. That is the only length they will be available in. This is so that it will fit properly when using Darth Ryo's "Knight" or "Guardian" 3D printed chassis and the 7/8" dia. TCSS LED/heat sink module. I will offer the nipp... er, I mean the center protrusion/bulb contact pin, in both polished aluminum and polished brass. I will also offer the shaver head in it's normal stainless finish as well as painted semi-gloss black (believe it or not, spray paint does not clog up those super tiny gaps in the shaver head. Yay!). Having the shaver head painted black will make it look a little more accurate to the actual Graflex parts.

The price is $38 before shipping for a blade plug with a polished aluminum bulb contact pin and $40 before shipping for one with a polished brass bulb contact pin. I usually ship via USPS First Class Mail using padded envelopes to help save on shipping costs. Shipping costs are $4 in the U.S., $11 to Canada and $15.00 for all other countries. Any other shipping option will be more expensive. However if you require a different method of shipping, please let me know via PM and I'll get you a shipping quote. International customers may have customs fees that their own country charges for imported products, before they will release the package to be delivered to them. This is out of my control and there is no way to avoid those fees that they charge.

Please post here, PM me or send me an email at evil_henchman1@yahoo.com if you are interested and I'll add you to the list in this post and update it with your forum name (or first name and initial of last name if expressing interest via email). Thanks for reading. :)

Pics (Special shout out to @ObiShane for providing the pics of the blade plug lit up.). The pics with the black shaver head do not look super black because of the light reflecting off the semi-gloss black paint and because of the white plastic underneath.

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Both.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Aluminum_on_Stainless.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Aluminum_on_Black.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Brass_on_Stainless.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Brass_on_Black.jpg

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-All_Tops.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. darthben123 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
2. brthegreat117 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
3. drthompson65 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
4. grimsleeper (TRA) - Two - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
5. fonzie (TRA) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
6. bdkmiller (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
7. punchit (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
8. stringfellow (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
9. shoot2thrill468 (TRA) - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
10. warayn (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
11. Moose (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
12. H0llyw00d - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
13. Postapocalympic - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
14. mikid - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
15. MCM - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
16. boochydog - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
17. IkarosReve - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
18. juajn7fernandez - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
19. neoprime - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
20. smiley424 - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
21. Noah B. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
22. ewokian - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
23. Kingmob - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
24. Toan T. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
25. 43moon - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
26. Jason G. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
27. fokaisnake (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
28. karmajay - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
29. KF6SVJ - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
30. ecl - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
31. spieguh (TRA) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
32. madsci954 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
33. profezzorn (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
34. Gabriel T. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
35. Jamie L. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
36. gschram92 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
37. ObiShane - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED

2nd Wave:

1. canister (TRA) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
2. sunjveep (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
3. Songwut L. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
4. DarkSideTendencies (TRA) - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
5. Husker75 - Three - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
6. Gavin S. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
7. Kenblomi - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
8. jcru - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
9. goodie2325 (TRA) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
10. KramStarr - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
11. javeygravy (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
12. memberseven - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
13. Sven S. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
14. Daniel G. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
15. Snowtrooper - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
16. bdkmiller (TRA) - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
17. idahoren (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
18. Dino I. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
19. Sam R. (email) - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
20. MakBzh - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
21. jedicri (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
22. Ben K. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
23. Eric E. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
24. @kman - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
25. @jt001 - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
26. Chris L. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
27. superserg (TRA) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
28. Tyler N. (email) - One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
29. darthskywalker (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
30. psycoscgv (TRA) - Two - Brass bulb contact pin with Stainless shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
31. @Chrno - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
32. masefield (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
33. jonnys95s10 (TRA) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. One - Aluminum bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
34. @raif79 - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
35. Dan J. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED
36. Jesse F. (email) - One - Brass bulb contact pin with Black shaver head. - PAID - SHIPPED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Thanks to everyone for signing up. :) This is now a limited run thread and I am now accepting payments. Please send payment via PayPal to evil_henchman1@yahoo.com .

Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished aluminum bulb contact pin = $38.
Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished brass bulb contact pin = $40.

Shipping within the U.S. = $4.
Shipping to Canada = $11.
Shipping to all other countries = $15.

Please be sure to list your forum username in the PayPal notes when sending me payment so I know who is whom. Once you have paid, I will update the first post to show that you have paid. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Hi all.

I know this is not the thread for them but the 1" dia. rings for my other Graflex Razor blade plug run arrived yesterday. Since they had to be put back into the CNC equipment to fix them (they were too tall), they arrived with a lot more noticeable scratches compared to the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plug rings. As such, they required more work. I spent yesterday sanding and buffing them. Today I will be polishing them to a high shine using liquid metal polish (more info and pics on that topic are in the other run thread).

Enough about those. You're here for updates on the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plugs. Well then, I have good news... all 100 rings have been fully polished and packed up for shipping. Juicy pics...

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-07.jpg

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-09.jpg

I will be shipping them off to the anodizer tomorrow. It may be over a week before I get them back. Thank you for your patience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 5/28/2016:

I am not taking any further orders on this run until after I check some things out with the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. This does NOT affect my other run of 1" dia. Graflex blade plugs, only this run. I should have more info on this late next week. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause those wanting to place an order. Thanks,

ARKM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 6/6/2016:

I called the anodizer today and they stated that my parts should (should being the key word) ship out tomorrow so hopefully I will have them on or before Friday. I will post an update once they have arrived.

I am still not taking any any more orders for the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plug. More news on that will be forthcoming once I have my parts back from the anodizer. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URGENT! IMPORTANT UPDATE 6/9/2016. PLEASE READ:

Hi all. I got the anodized rings and I must say, they look great.

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-Anodized_Rings.jpg

You may notice that there is only about 49 of the 100 rings in that pic. That is because I contacted the anodizer on May 31st and told him to only anodize 50 of the 100 rings for this run (the remaining anodized ring will be shown in a bit). The reason why I only had 50 of the 100 rings anodized is because I was pretty sure that those rings would not fit in the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. Sadly, I was right. I machined the larger of the two outer diameters of those rings at .881" which is the exact same diameter of the blade socket on the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. This makes for a tight fit. What does this mean to you? First, I need to hear back from EVERYONE who placed an order in this run on whether or not you have one of the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. I will not ship your blade plug/s to you until I have heard from you! To be sure you get this message, I will send this same update via PM. If you have an older Graflex 2.0 then I will ship your blade plug/s A.S.A.P. However if you have one of the latest versions then you have a few options...

NOTE: The following is ONLY for those that placed a blade plug order AND have a Graflex 2.0 from the latest batch...

First, determine if you have one of the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s. To do this, look at the bottom of the blade holder. If the bottom 1/2" of the blade socket has a larger inner diameter that the rest of the blade socket, you have one of the latest Graflex 2.0s. The new ones look like this...

G_2.01-02.5.jpg

If you have one of these latest Graflex 2.0s, please read the following options...

Option 1. I can lathe down the ring to fit in the latest batch of Graflex 2.0s, assemble your blade plug and ship it. However this means that the area that I lathe down will not be anodized black. You may be asking "How will this look when installed?". Well, that depends on how you choose to install it. There is a small inner bevel on the top of the blade socket. If you insert the blade plug flush with the top of the blade holder instead of where the bevel "starts", you will see a slight "silver" edge on the ring. The pics below demonstrate this. One pic shows what the ring looks like after it has been lathed to a very slightly smaller diameter (the bottom half of the ring is still anodized black as it is a smaller diameter than the top half). The other shows the blade socket bevel (that I highlighted in green) as well as the anodized ring that has been lathed smaller in diameter to fit properly, sitting flush with the top of the blade holder...

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-01.jpg~original

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-02.jpg

However if you insert the blade plug to where the inner bevel starts, it looks great...

ARKM_Sabers_Graflex_2.0_Razor_Blade_Plug-New_Batch_Issues-03.jpg

There will be no shipping delay if you choose Option 1.

Option 2. If you choose this option, you can wait until I lathe, sand and repolish the other 50 non-anodized rings, and have them anodized. This will most likely end up being a 3 to 4 week delay. Even if no one chooses this option, I still have to lathe those non-anodized rings and ship them off to be anodized for future blade plug orders.

Option 3. You can cancel your order for a complete refund.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

What does this mean for anyone who has not placed an order but wants to? Sadly it means that I will not be taking any more orders for the Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plug until I have the remaining 50 rings, lathed, anodized and returned to me. Once again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Ok, enough of that negative bantha poodoo. On to the good stuff. Here's where I'm at on getting stuff done for the Graflex 2.0 Razor Blade Plug... I have most of the
parts done to complete all of my orders for this version of the Graflex Razor blade plug. The shaver heads that need to be painted have been and I also have all the aluminum bulb contact pins polished and soaking in acetone to remove all polishing compound. However I still need to polish the brass bulb contact pins and soak them as well. I also still need to make 29 of the diffusers and 29 polycarbonate tubes.

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-10.jpg

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-11.jpg

ARKM_Sabers-Graflex_Razor_Blade_Plug_Parts-12.jpg

I will start shipping this Monday. Now would be a good time for any that have not paid me yet to pay me. Once again, thank you for your patience. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 6/13/2016:

Orders have started shipping and tracking numbers have been sent out. Thanks all. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 6/27/2016:

Hi all.

The metal rings that were not anodized have been turned down on the lathe, sanded, buffed (again), polished (again) and sent to the anodizer (again, lol). They arrived at the anodizer today so it will be a week or two before I get them back. As such, I am now taking orders again. I will call this the "2nd wave". Why? Because it sounds neat. ;)

I had some of you on a new interest list in a text file on my 'puter and you have been added to the list in the first post in this thread.

That said, feel free to order at any time. Please keep in mind that since the rings are now at the anodizer, if you have the newer version of the graflex 2.0, it will be 1 to 2 weeks before I can assemble your blade plug and then ship it.

NOTE: There are two different versions of the Graflex 2.0 as described in this post...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259917&page=3&p=4004475&viewfull=1#post4004475

The new rings for my Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plugs will fit properly in either version but the old rings only fit in the older version. I still have several of the older rings already anodized and ready to go that need to be used up. That said, when you place your order, please let me know if you have the older or newer version of the Graflex 2.0. Those that have that older version will get their blade plugs faster as I already have rings for them ready to go (well, until they get all used up that is).

Thank you all for your interest in my blade plugs and the kind words regarding them. I really appreciate it. :)

ARKM/Tom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: July 8th, 2016

The rings are back from the anodizer, some blade plugs have been made with them and I shipped out all the Option 2'ers today. Thank you all for your patience. The list has been updated to show who's blade plugs have been shipped and tracking numbers have been given. More will be shipping next week. Thanks again,

ARKM/Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so i am buying two graflix 2.0 kits from korbanth. one i am going to leave static and the other i am going with the Kursosawa light/sound kit. do i need a blade plug for both of these hilts or just for the static version? for the static, i will go with the brass on black, but will order another if i need a blade plug for both versions. thanks!

ok, so i am buying two graflix 2.0 kits from korbanth. one i am going to leave static and the other i am going with the Kursosawa light/sound kit. do i need a blade plug for both of these hilts or just for the static version? for the static, i will go with the brass on black, but will order another if i need a blade plug for both versions. thanks!

A blade plug has two purposes for a saber that has light-up blades. The first purpose is for safety. It's so that you can turn on the saber when a blade is not inserted and be able to look at the front of the emitter and not cause and damage to your eyes. The second purpose is cosmetic. It's to make the saber look more like the real prop it's modeled after or so that you don't have to look at a gaping hole in the emitter when no blade is present. Since this is for a Graflex replica, you might want a blade plug for the light-up version for safety (and looks) and one for the static version for looks.

I can't really tell the difference between stainless and black.

Since so many people's getting it put me down for 1 - Brass on black.

The metal between the slots is so thin (they're the same width as the slots themselves) that only half of the visible surface area is black. That along with the white plastic underneath (which acts as a light diffuser and is present for safety reasons) makes it not all that much darker than the normal stainless finish on the shaver heads.

Yeah, brass on black seems to be the popular choice.

I'll add both you both to the list. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
thanks, that helps a bunch. 2 it is. :)

A blade plug has two purposes for a saber that has light-up blades. The first purpose is for safety. It's so that you can turn on the saber when a blade is not inserted and be able to look at the front of the emitter and not cause and damage to your eyes. The second purpose is cosmetic. It's to make the saber look more like the real prop it's modeled after or so that you don't have to look at a gaping hole in the emitter when no blade is present. Since this is for a Graflex replica, you might want a blade plug for the light-up version for safety (and looks) and one for the static version for looks.

Hi all. Some of you may have noticed that I lowered the prices yesterday in the original post. This is because I now have a machinist nailed down. As such, the prices have been lowered and are final. The price for one of these blade plugs is $38 for one with a polished aluminum bulb contact pin and $40 for one with a polished brass bulb contact pin.

I usually ship via USPS First Class Mail using padded envelopes to help save on shipping costs. Shipping costs are $4 in the U.S., $11 to Canada and $15.00 for all other countries. Any other shipping option will be more expensive. However if you require a different method of shipping, please let me know via PM and I'll get you a shipping quote. International customers may have customs fees that their own country charges for imported products, before they will release the package to be delivered to them. This is out of my control and there is no way to avoid those fees that they charge.

I am still not accepting any payment at this time as now that the prices are finalized, I want to give some of you that have expressed interest, time to back out as well as those on the fence, time to consider signing up. Plus, I want to give a little more time in general for more people to sign up. Right now the plan is to start accepting payment on May 1st. Thank you for your patience.

Update:

Currently the rings that rest on top of the shaver head are being CNC machined by my machinist and some "test" rings are at the anodizer.

Thanks to everyone for signing up. :) This is now a limited run thread and I am now accepting payments. Please send payment via PayPal to evil_henchman1@yahoo.com .

Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished aluminum bulb contact pin = $38.
Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished brass bulb contact pin = $40.

Shipping within the U.S. = $4.
Shipping to Canada = $11.
Shipping to all other countries = $15.

Once you have paid, I will update the first post to show that you have paid. Thank you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back