Done / Completed Graflex 2.0 Razor Blade plugs

Got mine as well. It's beautiful, man! I just have to wire up my Nano v3 sound board tomorrow and I'll post pics here and on the 2.0 thread. Thanks, ARKM!!!

So a couple of months ago I made this "instructional" video on how to properly insert a blade plug into a saber. While it is informative, it's made as a joke (no dirty humor... though I was tempted). I hope some of you find it entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine and its beautiful! the build quality is amazing!
IMG_1672.jpg

Picked mine up from my uncle's house today and it fits wonderfully. I just need to trim down the blade retention screws and I will finally have a finished display piece! Absolutely worth the wait and every penny.

UPDATE 6/27/2016:

Hi all.

The metal rings that were not anodized have been turned down on the lathe, sanded, buffed (again), polished (again) and sent to the anodizer (again, lol). They arrived at the anodizer today so it will be a week or two before I get them back. As such, I am now taking orders again. I will call this the "2nd wave". Why? Because it sounds neat. ;)

I had some of you on a new interest list in a text file on my 'puter and you have been added to the list in the first post in this thread.

That said, feel free to order at any time. Please keep in mind that since the rings are now at the anodizer, if you have the newer version of the graflex 2.0, it will be 1 to 2 weeks before I can assemble your blade plug and then ship it.

NOTE: There are two different versions of the Graflex 2.0 as described in this post...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259917&page=3&p=4004475&viewfull=1#post4004475

The new rings for my Graflex 2.0 Razor blade plugs will fit properly in either version but the old rings only fit in the older version. I still have several of the older rings already anodized and ready to go that need to be used up. That said, when you place your order, please let me know if you have the older or newer version of the Graflex 2.0. Those that have that older version will get their blade plugs faster as I already have rings for them ready to go (well, until they get all used up that is).

Thank you all for your interest in my blade plugs and the kind words regarding them. I really appreciate it. :)

ARKM/Tom.

Hi memberseven. Thank you for your interest in my blade plugs.

All of the info for placing an order is in the first post of this thread. Thanks. :)

UPDATE: July 8th, 2016

The rings are back from the anodizer, some blade plugs have been made with them and I shipped out all the Option 2'ers today. Thank you all for your patience. The list has been updated to show who's blade plugs have been shipped and tracking numbers have been given. More will be shipping next week. Thanks again,

ARKM/Tom.

mine arrived today - great work!! quick question - what is considered the proper depth to have these installed? at first i had it installed flush with the black inner core, then i thought it did not show off the plug enough, so now i have it about 1/4 in above the black inner core. any thoughts? thanks!

mine arrived today - great work!! quick question - what is considered the proper depth to have these installed? at first i had it installed flush with the black inner core, then i thought it did not show off the plug enough, so now i have it about 1/4 in above the black inner core. any thoughts? thanks!

Thanks. :)

I designed the blade plugs to sit flush with the top of the blade holder or if you prefer, flush with lowest part of the inner bevel (which is probably the best look) Technically the blade plug should not be long enough to sit more than 1/8" higher than flush and still have the blade retention screw hit it.

Just sent PP for Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished brass bulb contact pin.

I have the most recent version of the Korbanth Graflex 2.0.

EDIT: I forgot to say which type, I think? I guess I'll take the Brass on Black, which seems to be the most popular.

Thanks!

Just sent PP for Graflex Razor Blade plug with polished brass bulb contact pin.

I have the most recent version of the Korbanth Graflex 2.0.

EDIT: I forgot to say which type, I think? I guess I'll take the Brass on Black, which seems to be the most popular.

Thanks!

I got your payment. Thanks.

Hi! You've got mail! I just ordered a Graflex 2.0 from Korbanth. I'll go with the brass on black, too. Are they still available?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back