Star Wars 1/24 Y-Wing fighter

Jkirkon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pardon my very messy shop....WIP pic of the very nice Galactic Resin Y-Wing kit. The kit goes together very easily, and it's a nice quality model. . Virtually no pinholes, and parts fit is excellent. The model is approximately 27" long, and will be mounted on a 'Death Star' base.

This will be a 'generic' fleet Y-Wing, not going to build any specific ship. Working on the piping now, using brass tubing. That part is a bit tedious, and I have a long way to go on it. image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Gee, Mister, that is big! I see you've reserved space in your garage for it...
Can't wait to see it completed. However, I know I must.

Thanks for sharing your work...

Regards, Robert

Thanks. It's a big bird, I think it will look nice when it's finished.

Here it is mounted to the Death Star base. Doesn't look too bad, even in primer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
Nice work so far.

How would you rate this kit as far as being realistic to the original?

Thanks.
The model isn't what I would call studio accurate. Each of the Y-Wings in ANH were vastly different from one another. . This model isn't faithful to any one in particular, it is, however, a very nice model of a Y-Wing.

Doing a few home improvement projects around the house, so I haven't made much progress recently. I'll update as soon as I am able to get back on it.

Looking good mate and im not looking forward to painting mine when I get to it............................one day

Thank you, sir.
It was a fun build, and I look forward to getting a bit of weathering done. If I can keep my wife from adding to the 'honey-do' list, I might get a chance to play with it this weekend.

Looks great!...excellent work, well done!. Love the scale, like the Hasbro Hero X Wing size, a big beauty;).......can't wait to see it weathered.

Thanks guys.
This ship is somewhat inspired by Red Jammer, but not intended to be that particular bird. Maybe one of its squadron mates.

I did not place this in the studio scale forum, as it is technically not a studio scale model.

It has a fairly dark wash on it now, going to go back and ghost coat it, and play around a bit to give it more depth.

Poor lighting, but a little dirtied up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
Thank you, sir.

The pole is just an inexpensive security camera mount I picked up on eBay or somewhere like radio shack. Nothing fancy. I think it cost like $7-8.

Please post pics of your build when you get it going!

Not being critical in the least, but just a (probably skewed) observation; is it just a camera lens thing, or are the engines of a shorter variety (vs. the overall length)? I remember seeing a "stubby"-engined Y-Wing in the SW sketchbook, and thought perhaps this is a version of that?

Looks fantastic, however!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back