Top Gun F-14s (1/48 Hasegawa F-14A)

Hey, thanks, fellas! Hi blakeh, for the engine nozzles I first primed with Tamiya Primer light gray, then darkened the middle ring and areas closer to the opening with a sharpie marker, then handpainted everything with Alclad polished brass. For the inside walls of the nozzles I used acrlylic white weathered with Tamiya weathering master soot and gray colors-- wasn't too happy with that so for the others I used acrylic black and tried weathering that by scratching a few spots -- I'm still not happy but maybe I'll find something that works later on. No powders on the outside of the nozzles as I'm trying to avoid that "make-up" look you get when using those Tamiya weathering powders. Hey WarpeD, yeah, "Danger Zone" -- that's ok to loop in your head but avoid "You've lost that loving feeling" at all costs as it will drive you up the wall, heheh.

How's it going?? I just opened the box on a Trumpeter 1/32 F-14D Super Tomcat and I'm using some of what you've done to your cats as a guide... need input...

Thanks, guys. Hi Teddz, how's your F-14 coming along?

I was wondering about the droop angle (anhedral) of the horizontal stabilizers.
ilkW7Qd.jpg

And a helpful guy named Firewill at ARC had this to share showing the 3.5-degree anhedral.
0011307.thumb.JPG.7794f68965d257ec6f783e0f59572392.jpg

VfkJsUR.jpg

So I notched a piece of plasticard that will allow gluing on the stabs with the correct droop.

Pg5E4zi.jpg

f3MYmhm.jpg

ov8nxlt.jpg

zACuuAq.jpg

For the F-14 that's banking I rotated the fin but used the same guide to keep the anhedral intact.

VZLb8WR.jpg

C41CJfj.jpg

nuv77bg.jpg

LWCeL0x.jpg

k8oV9cV.jpg

Painted on the lightning strips

1PeJpeo.jpg

Mik4OOW.jpg

V5y1Srd.jpg

ynd55mJ.jpg

RNSlBxa.jpg

NRK3IaS.jpg

12Q3CSp.jpg

Sanded down the canopy overhangs.

7ZMX4FF.jpg

MZGQ7tt.jpg

yqd0ZON.jpg

OIuZzEk.jpg

kY9wTcJ.jpg

fKlJazN.jpg

P8u34d8.jpg

EcCjRgZ.jpg

v5eKbx6.jpg

oyxgBal.jpg

Flw35CE.jpg

DaUMuBH.jpg

wmqGAfu.jpg

ZipKqal.jpg

kNZrspg.jpg

KBVqPJX.jpg

txCR4fX.jpg

uWHi4DT.jpg

yjTSxo0.jpg

wO24dhH.jpg

LMy5MJ8.jpg

kKSbRvV.jpg

gfPVxvW.jpg

gTtvqwy.jpg

1hOtDmF.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back