Joker Guns- need gun guru help

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What are the models of pistol used in these two props from Batmn 89?

Jokerguns.jpg

EvansspreadBW.jpg

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
Well, that honkin' long one looks to me like a Smith & Wesson Model 24 .44 mag, and the bottom one is a Colt New Service DA, either .45 or .455 Eley, minus the ejector rod under the barrel methinks...

Thanks guys. I thin you nailed it.

I'm having trouble finding a replica of the the COlt BANG gun. I'll keep searchign around though.

Here's another to ID if you are up to it.

kamphpistollookalike.jpg

It looks really similar to the Kamphpistole from WWII but it has two barrels and the shapes and details are wrong.

A flare gun maybe?

Nick

Found it... :D
luftwaffeflaregun.jpg

1941. German (Air Force) Model L double barrelled signal pistol. sometime also called Fl ("Flieger-Leuchtpistole L" = Aviators Flare Gun L). The L is made of aluminium and first produced by Emil Eckoldt in Suhl. Frame stamped Fl 24483 and has a makers mark GBW on a triangle. It has a brass lever at the rear to select the left or right barrel and there is a safety catch on the left. A lever at the front of the trigger guard opens the breech. The grips are two piece dark brown checkered plastic held together with a central screw. This type of signal pistol was made for the German Luftwaffe and collected at Tobruk by the Australian Military History Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this because I'm planning to make a replica of the bang gun. I'm thinking the bang gun is the same model as the Colt New Service that Jack uses throughout the film, but I wasn't sure if that was confirmed?

For reference, here is a Colt New Service:
Colt New Service reference 2.jpg

The gun that Batman kicks out of Jack's hand at Axis Chemicals:
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.37.41 AM.png

The gun Jack uses to kill Bruce's parents:
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.52.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.51.31 AM.png

And the Bang gun (just tough to tell because of the lighting)
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.23.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.24.44 AM.png

What do you guys think?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back