Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

Same here. My 20 year old son loves star wars, but computer networking is the future for him. None of this 'hands on' building stuff - that's so old fashioned. And my son in law does special effects for a movie company. No model stuff, its all digital mumbo jumbo. Although it is a cool job cos he done a lot of effects for XMen and Game of Thrones - whatever that is....

yeah,my boys in their early 20's love star wars,alien,marvel films.both work in IT but no interest in building kits.lol.

hey guys,
the sci-fi and fantasy model club of W.A. are putting on another display next weekend at evolve pop culture fair.
display should be bigger than the last one at supanova.modelling workshops as well.
if your in WA please come and have a look and chat with all of us.

http://evolveperth.com/

cheers,
rod

Flew back into Adelaide from two weeks in the UK last night, all caught up and ready to go. :)

8FF85414-0230-4F31-B98E-AB77E4ADB37B.jpg

My news agent still hasn't got me issue 12 but then I got 13 and they haven't gotten me anymore since and keep telling me they are coming......................pretty crappy service really
I'm almost thinking about stopping altogether :(

My news agent still hasn't got me issue 12 but then I got 13 and they haven't gotten me anymore since and keep telling me they are coming......................pretty crappy service really
I'm almost thinking about stopping altogether :(

Hang in there. Mines been on track for a while now. I agree it's a very crappy service though. :(

Ben

Hey guys. What issue number are we up to in Australia at the moment?

I've subscribed but I've only received up to Issue 13 and I just bought Issues 23, 24, 25 and 26 from a newsagent as I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription for the rest of the year and just get them from the Newsagent instead, mainly because I am moving interstate after Christmas. so I'd like to know how far behind Issue 26 is.

Hey guys. What issue number are we up to in Australia at the moment?

I've subscribed but I've only received up to Issue 13 and I just bought Issues 23, 24, 25 and 26 from a newsagent as I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription for the rest of the year and just get them from the Newsagent instead, mainly because I am moving interstate after Christmas. so I'd like to know how far behind Issue 26 is.

Where you going mate

I just received Issue 8 from Bissett the other day and I'm told Issue 11 is still out of stock but hope to get that from them eventually.

I've decided Issue 17 will be my last from Bissett directly and am liaising with my local newsagent to get the remaining issues I'm still behind, 18-22, (I have 23 onwards). I'm also told Issue 19 is also out of stock, not sure about 18 though but it seems the condition in which the newsagents get the magazines in is a whole lot better that direct from Bissett. Issue 8 looked like it had been chewed by a dog.

I am waiting on issues 14,15,18 and 19
I am worried that I will get half way through and my news agent will tell me they are not doing it anymore :wacko

After being away on business for 8 weeks it's nice to be able to catch up - so much to do.

So much learning to do with regard to weathering. This oil paint method is all new to me - so it's just give it a go and see what happens.

6B2BE238-0345-4FA8-A41B-32A386D6C1E5_zps0iqwf4iw.jpg

pic4m_zpsmtn1xpma.jpg

Gans, I'm in Perth. Since I committed myself to this build ( from beginning of availability over here! ), my newsagents ( place ), had a change of ownership, but, if you get along with whoevers in charge, in my experience, they'll do right by you re; subscriptions. This is also my first magazine/parts kit project and, I've not experienced any long-term inconveniences ( apart from delayed/not available at -this time issue/s 19!!! ), all sorted now, and up to #27. From what I've been reading on this thread, as in most things in life I guess, ' learn to live with what 'you' choose to do. P.s. I'm still holding out re;subscription, only cause I'm happy and lucky with my newsagent.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back