EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

webdvpcr80.jpg

These are good.

No this is the ordinary one.
I wanted it for reference whilst fixing an old fibreglass anh mask cast that I have.
I was then going to sell the efx on.
But now...I may just fix the efx inaccuracies and then give it a accurate paint job. I really don’t know at the moment.

It's huge. A lot bigger than my other Vader.

I wanted it for reference whilst fixing an old fibreglass anh mask cast that I have.
But now...I may just fix the efx inaccuracies and then give it a accurate paint job. I really don’t know at the moment.

Awesome. It's weird... that face still makes me want to hide under the covers and I'm pushing 50... SW has some serious subconscious staying power... :)

Yep,
he's quite a bit scarier than the bubble wrap monsters that we were used to on Dr who at about the same time in the seventies :)

Dr who baddies were scary like shop mannequins, clowns and the wicker man are scary.

webdvpcr72.jpg

Vader and the stormtroopers looked like something from history, something real.

What inaccuracies are you planning on fixing?

What inaccuracies are you planning on fixing?

Mostly just the problem with the cheek tubes, should be more like the one on the right.
Not sure how to get them of though, or how much damage I'll cause.

webtubes.jpg

There are a couple of other things I'm not sure of like the undercuts on the bottom "eyelid" and around the teeth/mouthgrill, I need to study pics some more :)

Did anyone pick up the special edition version at Sdcc? I have yet to see a pic of the product in customer hands though someone on the bay was selling them. They hadn't bought them yet, but were basically going to purchase the helmet after someone won their auction. I expected to see lots of pics by now.

I was lucky enough to pick up the special edition at SDCC. I have to say I am very happy with the construction and overall look of this helmet. It was well worth the money. The only (minor) issue I have is with the c-scar on the right cheek. I'm not sure if I am being crazy, but it appears a bit wide. I would love your guys feedback on this. I submitted a question to EFX today to see if this is the norm (again...Might be acting crazy) Here are some photos.3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg2.jpg

Saw both the EFX helmets up close at SDCC. I'd go with the clean one. The hand-painted special edition was nice but no match for the Quasimodo. The Q looks like a real prop, wheras the EFX looked mass produced, even though the special edition is supposedly hand-painted. If you want that look, you'd be better off going clean and doing it yourself I think.

That said, the EFX lids are VERY good for the price.

I was lucky enough to pick up the special edition at SDCC. I have to say I am very happy with the construction and overall look of this helmet. It was well worth the money. The only (minor) issue I have is with the c-scar on the right cheek. I'm not sure if I am being crazy, but it appears a bit wide. I would love your guys feedback on this. I submitted a question to EFX today to see if this is the norm (again...Might be acting crazy) Here are some photos.View attachment 648318View attachment 648319View attachment 648320View attachment 648317

That C-scar looks weird

I was lucky enough to pick up the special edition at SDCC. I have to say I am very happy with the construction and overall look of this helmet. It was well worth the money. The only (minor) issue I have is with the c-scar on the right cheek. I'm not sure if I am being crazy, but it appears a bit wide. I would love your guys feedback on this. I submitted a question to EFX today to see if this is the norm (again...Might be acting crazy) Here are some photos.View attachment 648318View attachment 648319View attachment 648320View attachment 648317

I must agree with JKNO. That c-scar is.... odd. I have the regular version, & think it looks fantastic. I was planning on picking up one of these, since I was not able to get the Legend. However, after seeing how this c-scar looks, you might have saved me money. I'll need to wait for more photos.

Thanks for the pics.The C-Scar looks really not good.But the rough paintjob on the SE-Version looks great.I think when you only repaint this small area of the facemask and add a better more accurate C-scar on the black it would look fantastic.If I could become a SE here in germany I would do a tutorial.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back