EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Yup that is what sucks about living in CA we are now getting hit with state tax for the higher end star wars companies, first EFX and now Anovos just started charging us tax as well.

So you could order now and get it shipped. It's just that you take the CA sales tax hit by doing so...

------------------------------

edit:

wait never mind I see what you are talking about, that was not there when I ordered it. Yea so that kinda sucks for those living outside of CA if you wish to pre order them now, but hey at least you are guaranteed one so thats a plus.

Last edited:
I just ordered one of the special edition helmets.

I'm not sure what the deal is? Or when I might get the helmet?

It sounds like the standard helmets are in hand?

The website said you could pick up the helmet at SDCC or order online in August BUT my order just went through?

Why does everything with eFX seem to be confusing? :rolleyes

BTW. Anyone else notice EFX raised the price of their Legendish version of the PCR helmet by $29 (based on their old website's $329 price point)? :lol

Last edited:
They left this in the description: (Still says old price) You would think after 2 months of having a down site and zero communication they would at least proof read the thing after raising the price.

EFX Site.PNG
BTW. Anyone else notice EFX raised the price of their Legendish version of the PCR helmet by $33 (based on their old website's $325 price point)? :lol

in the bright blue letters right under the photos it does say that the price has CA sales tax included no matter where you live because they will be picked up at comic con, once they are fully released in August they will be back at the normal price. But at least if you pay now you are guaranteed a helmet, some feel that the way EFX has been getting guaranteed one now seems to be smarter then waiting and hoping they get a full release on their target date which is in August.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
At least their website is functioning, that's a HUGE improvement. Although I think it's a little funny that pricing will say "From $XXX" but the "low" price is only the deposit, not actually a low total price. Probably a bi-product of some off the shelf shopping template they are using.

BTW - I picked up one of the Standard helmets on EBay, perfectly fine display piece for the price. I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself. I ordered even though I have no intention of going to SDCC. It would be nice if they could deduct that sales tax mumbo jumbo from the shipping cost....

I thought about ordering one but also noticed the message on the website and it was almost like a response to my post on this thread about ordering out of state. So I thought I will probably wait for a review before I take the plunge if nothing else I can still get the standard and have someone repaint it for me. It kind or irritated me actually....

While you are correct these will not be a limited run when I was talking to Gino over at wondercon and he was showing me both vader helmets he did tell me that though the helmet may not be limited the material is. Thus once the batch is gone they will have to order more material and who knows when that will get in. Thats why I kinda just jumped on it now.

I'm waiting. These aren't supposed to be a small limited batch. I will just order one during the regular online release in August.

Lol no problem man maybe i can help.

So the standard helmets are available right now only through the company Bait that has their own website as well as their own ebay store.

As for the exclusive version that is up for pre order now they will have some ready for SDCC and you can pick them up there, though the price right now is raised due to that it includes CA sales tax regardless of where you live since they will be picked up in SDCC. If you do not go pick them up at SDCC then they will contact you to make shipping arrangements to have it shipped to you.

hope this helps

I just ordered one of the special edition helmets.

I'm not sure what the deal is? Or when I might get the helmet?

It sounds like the standard helmets are in hand?

The website said you could pick up the helmet at SDCC or order online in August BUT my order just went through?

Why does everything with eFX seem to be confusing? :rolleyes

Alright. I just re - subscribed to the eFX website, with all the same info from my last one. But not being able to see my order history saying I have a Biker Scout Legend on order, since 2 years ago, is very unnerving. I still have all the old emails with order numbers & confirmation numbers. Sssooooo, I hope that helps? :wacko

is anyone here going to comic con and live near So Cal?

I wanted to see if someone can do me the favor of picking up my helmet from EFX and then I can pick it up from you.

I will compensate for your time as well.

I have a few from other web sites saved to my iPad. But, as I did not take them nor do I know who did - to give credit -, I'm not comfortable posting them. I don't know what the RPF policy's on posting others photos are. So I'm erring on the side of caution.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back